Author Topic: Early Christmas Present  (Read 151 times)

Early Christmas Present
« on: October 16, 2020, 01:08:41 PM »
HI Everyone, I just wanted to say hi to all of you out there. I joined this community and thanks to the moderator(s) who approved my registration request. I got a very early Christmas present from the wife yesterday. She ordered an Alesis Strike Pro SE for me. I am so excited and I stayed up so late last night watching so many youtube videos about this kit. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Re: Early Christmas Present
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 01:51:27 PM »
Hell yeah! Welcome. Is this your first kit?

I never get Christmas presents early lol.
I always tell my wife we're adults and can do what we want.
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 02:02:25 PM »
I had the Alesis DM Pro kit (I think that's what it's called) in 2002. I was debating between Alesis and Hart Dynamics at that time. But I went with Alesis because it's more reasonable price wise. I stopped playing for a loooong time (kids, work and all that adult stuff) and can't wait to get back on the saddle now that my kids are all grown up.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 09:16:28 AM »
Nice gift! I am not so lucky and had to buy them myself. Let me know if you are interested in some Stike custom kits. You can however find most on this forum.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 12:43:58 PM »
Nice gift! I am not so lucky and had to buy them myself. Let me know if you are interested in some Stike custom kits. You can however find most on this forum.

Thanks Onyx. I can't seem to upload a photo of my new SE baby. I will try again later to upload a photo of it.

I am struggling to get the hi-hat settings dialed in but I will be researching this forum and google to find out suggestions on how to tackle and tweak it. Most of the videos I have seen so far are for firmware v1.4 so the module displays don't seem to be the same. The Strike module for the SE kit came with the v1.5 loaded already.

I have searched for free custom kits and I found one on youtube (SIREN2173 Kit Pack) and I am loving the kits. My favorite in the custom pack is the Yamaha kit.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 02:48:33 PM »
Make sure your Hi-Hat is mounted according to instructions. Then open the clutch and let HH rest on controller. This next step mede the biggest difference for me.

Do not push on HH pedal. Instead lift HH with your hands about 1 inch or around 2 cm and tighten the clutch. Next go to triggers, enable note follow and hit HH. Press F1 to go to pedal settings and increase offset for a bit. That's all I did for hh and it's perfect. I also decreased sensitivity on all drums by 1-2. And decreased retriggering on snare for 3.

Siren kits are amazing. Got some more, will send by PM when I'm at my drums.

Edit: Mine also came with 1.5.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:35:03 AM by onyx »

Offline Chaser

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 12:07:11 AM »
SIREN2173 (now .."At The Source Studios") uses V1.3 as do I so the Hi hat may differ somewhat.
I don't know if he is using the V1.3 trigger OS also or if V1.5.
V1.3 has a Hi Hat reset and much more in the way of manual adjustment/settings including "tightness" to adjust for cymbal gap.The automatic HiHat calibration was implemented mainly because new users didn't have the patience/understanding how to setup the HiHat to their playing style (everybody is different) now everyone is locked into a "standard" and the SE has a different bottom controller.I don't have one of those so I can't confirm if it's FSR or a slide pot like the Goedrum controllers.You can use all the V1.5 Content/kits in earlier versions.

I attached the Features update.
You can see all the changes made to the Hi Hat over time.

EDIT:
I did some research and the SE Hi Hat still uses the Pro-X/STRIKE (FSR) controller.
The only difference is a 14" top cymbal and a boot that sits on top of the controller.
I don't know if the controller is exactly the same and without an 1/8" input that was for the sensors on the original bottom cymbal
or if the 1/8" sensor input still remains and was just abandoned.
pics attached
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:12:07 AM by Chaser »

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 02:09:02 PM »
EDIT:
I don't know if the controller is exactly the same and without an 1/8" input that was for the sensors on the original bottom cymbal or if the 1/8" sensor input still remains and was just abandoned.

It's still there.