Author Topic: Kit Editor for Samplepad/SampleRack  (Read 152 times)

Kit Editor for Samplepad/SampleRack
« on: August 23, 2020, 03:29:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've developed a desktop-based kit editor for the Alesis SampleRack and SamplePad Pro. To date, I've only been able to test it with my own SampleRack, so I'd love to have other people try it out and make sure it works with the SamplePad Pro as well. If you try it and have any issues, please let me know!

Editing kits on the hardware is cumbersome, and sample file names are limited to 8 characters and therefor not descriptive and are hard to search for when building a kit. The goal of this software is to make the kit building process a lot quicker and more intuitive. There are definitely some known bugs that I'm working through. And I'd love any and all feedback on this, if there's anything I could do to make it work better for you.

Details are here: https://github.com/LesserChance/samplepad-editor

Re: Kit Editor for Samplepad/SampleRack
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 05:00:57 AM »
I downloaded it and got a warning for a virus...

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 03:58:31 PM »
Oh no! Can you give me any more information on what it said?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 07:19:25 PM »
I downloaded it and got a warning for a virus...
I have downloaded every version since this project started just to watch it's progress and never received any warning.
I just downloaded v0.6 again and no warnings etc.
Check your Anti-Virus Software.Many don't allow .exe downloads if it doesn't recognize the signature or if the code looks anything remotely like a virus.
There are a few such as McAfee that flag everything thing as a False Positive.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 05:10:01 AM »
That may be it. I haven't scoped it out thoroughly...