Author Topic: I HAVE HAD IT WITH DM10 MODULE  (Read 313 times)

I HAVE HAD IT WITH DM10 MODULE
« on: August 09, 2020, 03:37:32 PM »
CAN I RUN A DM10 MKII Studio Kit ON A NEW STRIKE MODULE

Offline Chaser

Re: I HAVE HAD IT WITH DM10 MODULE
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 07:46:46 PM »
CAN I RUN A DM10 MKII Studio Kit ON A NEW STRIKE MODULE

The triggers from the DM10 MKII Studio are compatible, but a few things need to be addressed in order to get full potential out of the STRIKE module.

The STRIKE module uses individual cables so you will also need those.

The STRIKE uses a 2 cable Triple (3) Zone Ride Ride.
The DM10 MKII Studio uses a single cable Triple (3) Zone Ride.

You will need a 2 cable Ride in order to have a fully functional Triple (3) Zone Ride...no getting around that.

If you want to match cymbals look for a DMPad 14" or 16"..Triple (3) Zone Ride cymbal with DUAL Jacks/Outputs.There is usually one or the other on ebay..some sellers list as "Dual Input"..

The STRIKE Hi Hat is Dual Zone/Dual Cymbal/FSR....on a stand
The DM10 MKII Studio Hi Hat is Single Zone with a Continuous/Variable pedal.(Realhat)

The DM10 MKII Studio Hi Hat/Realhat combination will work but you'll lose a zone.

The DM10 MKII Studio Hi Hat is a DMPad 12" Hi Hat..listed as single zone , but double check it first in a crash input and see if it is single or dual because there is a DMPad 12" Cymbal (Dual Zone) for the (2) Crashes and I have known a few to get Dual Zone for all 3 cymbals when they got their kit.

If the DMPad Hi Hat is Single Zone you could...
Swap the DMPad 14 Ride to a Crash..Swap a DMPad 12 Crash for the Hi Hat and get a DMPad 16 with DUAL Jacks/Outputs for the Ride.You need to make sure it has DUAL Jacks/Outputs

Your cymbals would all match and you would have a variety of sizes and your only purchasing one Cymbal..which you have to purchase anyway in order to get a fully functional Triple (3) Zone Ride with the STRIKE module.You can still use the Single Zone DMPad 12" for a splash etc (split a trigger) save for expanding later or sell it.

Are you dissatisfied with the DM10MKII Studio module because of the sounds?

EDIT:
I forgot to mention...
If you are mainly using the module for Software/VST triggering..I recommend looking into the eDRUMin ED10.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:38:57 PM by Chaser »