Author Topic: Alesis Nitro Cymbal - choke not working  (Read 432 times)

Alesis Nitro Cymbal - choke not working
« on: March 13, 2020, 01:27:16 AM »
So, I bought some months two "10 cymbals from a website but they were almost new at the time.

Unfortunately, one didn't work the choke function and I tried to test it in another cable, cleaning maybe some dust and reconnecting the green switch cable and I change the piezo and well nothing works to this day.

Maybe the green switch cable is the problem?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 08:14:29 PM by ginnungagap »

Re: Alesis Nitro Cymbal - choke not working
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 07:43:23 PM »
-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:50:20 AM by ginnungagap »

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 08:14:56 PM »
-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:50:07 AM by ginnungagap »

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 10:01:40 PM »
So, I bought some months two "10 cymbals from a website but they were almost new at the time.

Unfortunately, one didn't work the choke function and I tried to test it in another cable, cleaning maybe some dust and reconnecting the green switch cable and I change the piezo and well nothing works to this day.

Maybe the green switch cable is the problem?

A picture is worth a thousand words...especially in a forum..
What cymbals did you actually purchase?
These are the Cymbals that come with the Nitro,Command , Forge etc..I pulled one from each kit to compare internals.
There is no removable green ribbon.
The edge/choke switch is one unit.similar to FSR pressure switch w/3 legs.and plugs into the circuit board...27mm piezo,but the pad they are attached to is for 35mm.
One thing to add is that the single zone with choke..also work as dual zone with choke if the module supports bow/edge.
Tested on multiple modules including STRIKE..They don't work well with the STRIKE Multipad...I don't believe it supports "switch" or choke although the voice will sound if you choke it...

From left to right...Command (Single zone with choke Crash)..Nitro (single zone Ride..*no ribbon/switch)..Forge (single zone with choke Crash)

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 10:15:30 PM »
They are from the Alesis Nitro kit

Sorry I forgot to upload and I did all those options this week again

- Test it in another cable
- Cleaning maybe some dust and reconnecting the green cable
- Changing the piezo
- Connecting the green cable of the other cymbal working

All seems fine if I compare with the other one working.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 10:17:11 PM by ginnungagap »

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 12:49:39 AM »
I did a test today crossing green cables and boards.

1- I connect the green cable of the cymbal not working with choke with the board of the cymbal working with choke and it works.

2- I connect the green cable of the cymbal working with choke with the board of the cymbal not working and don't choke...

So I guess the problem is anywhere in the board, I was thinking the white "box" where the green cable to be choke is maybe the problem but I see everything alright.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:51:55 AM by ginnungagap »