Author Topic: Happy New Alesis Drummer  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Dartanbeck

Re: Happy New Alesis Drummer
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2019, 08:25:40 PM »
The new Ahead sticks are incredible! I love the feel!

Me too!  I thought about getting another set just to have a backup!

--
Shawn
Absolutely!

A Strike kit has made it's way firmly onto the top of my wishlist - either standard or pro, whichever I can afford at the time.

Again, depending on how the financing comes in, the Strike Multipad is in the next line but the two are swappable in regards to the amount of cash I can swing.

Also at the top of the list as a floating (buy whenever I can) option is either another DM10 module or a Pearl RedBox or both - just to help ensure that I never have to play without one.

Even when I get a Strike, I may just leave portions of my kit running through the DM10 module since I can change kit presets in the middle of a song without any form of hiccup. It just changes instantaneously and perfectly.

Another thought toward "wishing for things for the future" is to eventually build a kit at home using several multipads along with tom and bass pads and cymbal triggers to be set up for movie soundtrack/music writing purposes - playing it as other instruments that drums.

Again bringing up the point that, I can't wait to learn how to use the DM10's Chord and Arpeggio functions!!! :)
Alesis DM10X Mesh

Offline Iggford

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2019, 11:46:24 AM »
Absolutely!

A Strike kit has made it's way firmly onto the top of my wishlist - either standard or pro, whichever I can afford at the time.

Again, depending on how the financing comes in, the Strike Multipad is in the next line but the two are swappable in regards to the amount of cash I can swing.

Also at the top of the list as a floating (buy whenever I can) option is either another DM10 module or a Pearl RedBox or both - just to help ensure that I never have to play without one.

Even when I get a Strike, I may just leave portions of my kit running through the DM10 module since I can change kit presets in the middle of a song without any form of hiccup. It just changes instantaneously and perfectly.

Another thought toward "wishing for things for the future" is to eventually build a kit at home using several multipads along with tom and bass pads and cymbal triggers to be set up for movie soundtrack/music writing purposes - playing it as other instruments that drums.

Again bringing up the point that, I can't wait to learn how to use the DM10's Chord and Arpeggio functions!!! :)

The Strike Multipad is definitely on my list!!  It's about the last thing I am wanting to add to my gigging kit. 

I want to set up another Strike or A2E kit in a home studio, though.  That's my ultimate goal.  I'll have one for shows and one (probably bigger! :) ) in my studio.

I definitely like having my DM10 around.  I actually used my DM10 kit two weekends ago for a show in a smaller venue.  I still use my Strike module though.  However, I do keep the DM10 set up to mirror the Strike JUST in case I have a module failure.  I have both modules set up to work with the layout of both kits.  I've got 6 toms on my Strike kit but only 5 on the DM10.  The rack ran out of room!!

I agree, it would be cool to use the Multipads for instruments other than drums.  I've seen some video on all the different possibilities, and I can't wait to get ahold of one to try it out! 

--
Shawn

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2019, 05:43:01 PM »
Awesome! Keep Rockin' Brother!!!
Alesis DM10X Mesh

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2019, 10:38:53 PM »
I just had my first drumming woes from my DM10X Mesh - sort of.

The little pressed-in pin on my hi hat angle adjuster came out far enough that the thing was in a free-flow rotation. No biggies to fix, but to finish out the gig I just switched it with one of my crash cymbal pieces. Worked great.

Twas a fun (Fun!!!) Glam-80's gig! I haven't glammed out in over 20 years!

Alesis DM10X Mesh

Offline Iggford

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2019, 12:35:10 PM »
NICE!!!! :)

I hated those pins.  They used the same things on the Strike, but they changed them to where they could be tightened with the drum key.  I never had what I needed when I needed it with the ones on the DM10!

--
Shawn