Author Topic: BFD2 in the house!  (Read 6588 times)

BFD2 in the house!
« on: August 09, 2009, 01:36:20 AM »
It's always nice to see a new forum pop up.  I will try to keep an eye out for BFD2 topics.  Alesis and FXpansion have bundled together on a few products over the years. 

Thanks,
John

Online Hellfire

Re: BFD2 in the house!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 11:43:24 AM »
It's always nice to see a new forum pop up.  I will try to keep an eye out for BFD2 topics.  Alesis and FXpansion have bundled together on a few products over the years. 

Thanks,
John
Welcome aboard John, It's nice to know you are out there. I'm hoping we get a lot of BFD2 (most likely with a Trigger I/O) users on here. Thanks for becoming a member of DMdrummer.com!

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 01:28:41 PM »
Hi John,
I was wondering, Do you know how many (if any) FXpansion DM10 sound sets that will be available at the time of release of the DM10 and what the price might be of said sound sets? ;D

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »
The details are still being worked out between FXP and Alesis.  Sorry, but that's all I got for now.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 03:57:37 PM »
The details are still being worked out between FXP and Alesis.  Sorry, but that's all I got for now.
Anything new on the FXP and Alesis front? This is one of the reasons I like the idea of the DM10 Pro Kit.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 11:36:23 PM »
It works well, but it is in the hands of the company directors to bash out the particulars. 

John

Online Hellfire

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:03:02 PM »
It works well, but it is in the hands of the company directors to bash out the particulars. 

John
Any new developments on the FXP and Alesis front? I only ask because the Alesis DM10 is slated to be out by this time next week. ;D

Offline ghostman

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 03:21:59 PM »
It'd be great to get some upgraded sounds into a module.  I love BFD but I like to sit down and play, and not necessarily have a laptop / computer for it.

Keep us posted!
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 06:51:17 AM »
I use BFD2 with Etrigger acting as an interface to try and control some of the vaguaries of my DIY kit's triggering  8)

I record using Reaper (moved across from Cubase), with BFD2 as a VST instrument.  Ir's a little challenging compared to the acoustic recoring I used to do, but the beauty is in the mixing, which is a joy - especially flying in another snare sound during playback.

Premier Royale 7 piece A to E with T-Trigger mesh heads on a Dixon Chrome rack.
DIY piezo triggers. 
Alesis I/O.
BFD2. 
Reaper.
ETrigger.

Kit album:http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=228

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 11:17:31 AM »
Is there a Windows 7 driver for the BFD version that comes with the I/O Trigger?

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 11:40:23 AM »
Is there a Windows 7 driver for the BFD version that comes with the I/O Trigger?
http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?area=3

you should beable to regestir your copy here and download any updates needed
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 08:33:52 PM »
Thanks, but according to the fxpansion site, the lite version doesn't have a serial number and can't be registered.  Their support info says it should be obtainable from Alesis, but I don't see any mention of it there. 

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 10:11:33 AM »
Thanks, but according to the fxpansion site, the lite version doesn't have a serial number and can't be registered.  Their support info says it should be obtainable from Alesis, but I don't see any mention of it there.
now  come to think of it really as long as your i/o is installed  you shouldnt need a win7 driver for bfd since you are using it as a vst or rsta (protools)  here is the instruction as per the alesis bfd set up ........

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION
Make sure the versions of your OS and sequencer are supported, and download the latest version of BFD:
 BFD1.5 is up to v1.5.46 (v1.5.46.10 (final) for most users).
 Logic 8 users will need to get v1.5.47.
 BFD2 is going through a series of updates as the program develops.
These free updates will be available in the Account area. You should have set up an account and registered
your copy of BFD at www.fxpansion.com.
Make sure you are using a v1.5 keymap. These files are larger than the original BFD1.0 keymap files.
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 12:30:11 PM »
The problem is having to bridge to it.  I was hoping for a 64 bit driver.
But again, there's no way to register the lite version that comes with I/O, so no updates. 
Not a big deal.  I was just going to give their VSTi another look.