Author Topic: Alesis DM10 Studio Mesh Kit exact footprint?  (Read 1918 times)

Alesis DM10 Studio Mesh Kit exact footprint?
« on: December 01, 2016, 01:48:34 PM »
Hey guys,

I''ve been pondering for months if I should get the DM10 Studio Mesh Kit and get back to drumming. I finally can afford it, so time to take care of details.
Problem is my apartment is really small and the place I'm planning the set into is really really small, so I'm wondering if I'm actually doomed already.

The place I'm planning to put the set is in the living room behind my couch. It's a corridor style space, so the width is probably not an issue, but the depth might be.
How much does the DM10 Studio Kit take space depthwise INCLUDING the drummer? And I mean exactly like from the drummer's buttcrack to front cymbal stands' ends. :) (sure, depends on position, guess I'll set the pretty vertical).
The space behind couch is roughly 4' x 5'. I can probably squeeze few inches more space by moving the sofa a bit away from the wall, but maybe half a foot at most. I wonder if that's enough to fit with the kit?

EDIT: Oh and if you guys could measure the needed depth for static set (when not played and the throne can be pushed inside the set) in case I want to make some alterations for moments when I'm drumming and when not.

Thanks a lot in advance for answers. I'm little scared that the set won't fit and I have to rearrange a shit ton to make it fit somewhere. That spot would just otherwise be optimal.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:51:48 PM by nallz »

Offline rhysT

Re: Alesis DM10 Studio Mesh Kit exact footprint?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 05:41:39 AM »
I''ve been pondering for months if I should get the DM10 Studio Mesh Kit and get back to drumming. I finally can afford it, so time to take care of details.
Problem is my apartment is really small and the place I'm planning the set into is really really small, so I'm wondering if I'm actually doomed already.

The place I'm planning to put the set is in the living room behind my couch. It's a corridor style space, so the width is probably not an issue, but the depth might be.
How much does the DM10 Studio Kit take space depthwise INCLUDING the drummer? And I mean exactly like from the drummer's buttcrack to front cymbal stands' ends. :) (sure, depends on position, guess I'll set the pretty vertical).
The space behind couch is roughly 4' x 5'. I can probably squeeze few inches more space by moving the sofa a bit away from the wall, but maybe half a foot at most. I wonder if that's enough to fit with the kit?

EDIT: Oh and if you guys could measure the needed depth for static set (when not played and the throne can be pushed inside the set) in case I want to make some alterations for moments when I'm drumming and when not.

My DM10 studio kit setup just fits in 5' x 4' of floor space, with some added gear overhanging a bit.
Some relevant details are 5' between the rack wing legs and 4' from back edge of the throne to the ride cymbal far edge.
With the throne removed there's about 20" extra clearance and fwiw the rack legs are centered 26" apart.