Author Topic: New member  (Read 1691 times)

« on: October 16, 2018, 06:46:38 AM »
Hi there, my name is Elwin Molenaar, I'm from the Netherlands and I've purchased an old D4.
trying to see what model I have as apparently you can't adjust the Vcurve and Decay (and the likes) on an older version.......... seems like I got to older version...

Offline Chaser

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 06:52:18 PM »
Hi there, my name is Elwin Molenaar, I'm from the Netherlands and I've purchased an old D4.
trying to see what model I have as apparently you can't adjust the Vcurve and Decay (and the likes) on an older version.......... seems like I got to older version...

To check which software version is installed in your unit, press the Drum Set button..... Let go... , then hold down BOTH the Cursor buttons < > at the same time.
The ROM version will be displayed for a few seconds.
Grab all the manuals etc here ...

The OS software revision history can be found in the service manual on pages 16-17 (pdf pages 20-21)

The last version was 1.04...you can still get the ROM's cheap.I see some on Ebay Europe.

If you are starting everything from scratch you could do a Hard reset.It restores all of the ROM data to the factory specs.

Alesis D4 -Hard ResetPower down for a few minutes. Then hit the "voice" and "output" keys at the same time, and hold them both while you power up.
This will re-set the D4, and should clear up  problems if any.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 05:08:19 AM »
Thanks. Still need to check it, but reading the Service manual, I think I have the 1.01 version.
Will check this evening to be sure.
Need to check the Drumset names, maybe I  have the offensive names  ;D

Is the ROM easy to replace? Will open the D4 up tonight.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 01:49:42 AM »
it is indeed the v1.01......