Commons > Water Cooler

Pearl e/MERGE Kit powered by Korg

(1/8) > >>

Hellfire:

New Pearl edrum kit (and module). I'm surprise nobody posted about this yet. So here it is.  8)

https://www.pearlemerge.com

DannyM:
I really dig this ! Any idea what kind of $$$ they are asking for it ?

Iggford:
Wow, that's an impressive looking kit.  I'm already eyeballing those cymbals, though. :)

I wonder if they'll ever be available separately?  It's probably way to early to tell, and that's if they would even work well with other modules.  That red accent would look good with the Strike kit. :)

--
Shawn

ChrisK:
http://pearldrum.com/products/kits/electronics/emerge/#configurations

The things, I don't like are the red color\silver plate, on cymbal, the module red color\panel design, all black would increased the look completely.

It use the wavdrum korg technologies, if it's similar, sound change from the surface head, sound change with physical mallet\ wood stick \brush, pressure on head, hand drumming on pad: conga\bongo as example etc..

But it is not on the same league of mimic totally different.

VandalX:
All these drum manufacturers just seem to throw things at the wall and see what sticks (or what people will buy), without taking the time to develop a (nearly) perfect system. DW owns KAT, and came up with the partnership with Gewa. Looks nice. Expensive. Pearl has the Mimic and those pad conversions. Alesis...well, Alesis just renames stuff and dresses up modules to look different and runs lousy internals on their pads. Roland has stayed true to their core product line, but I'm not sure if they are considered "innovators" in the space. I guess they don't need to come up with any groundbreaking tech if they're top dog. The sad thing is that the technology exists in all areas of e-drum and electronic processing to actually build a fantastic system. Instead, we're faced with cobbling together trigger interfaces, modules, VSTs, pad technologies and other miscellany to make our kits a close approximation of an acoustic kit.

While I "love" my Alesis DM10 MKII Pro as it got me back into drumming, the quest for consistency and playability is sometimes consuming. With all the new offerings from the big manufacturers taking divergent paths, it's hard to get a handle on what's progress and what's just a rebadged, regurgitated parts bin that aims to do everything while accomplishing very little in terms of progress.

I hope I'm wrong about this Pearl. I'm glad that companies are investing in moving forward their product lines, but are they actually creating breakthrough tech?

Oh well, time to go fix another broken trigger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version