Author Topic: Guinness goofing off...  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Guinness

Guinness goofing off...
« on: July 17, 2010, 01:51:44 PM »
Made another video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb1FLEvjw0U

Just me, messing around.  Kit 000-Fusion and Kit 106-Custom.

I haven't had a chance to do another cover.  Been busy...  soccer, new kitchen, oh and that job thing too.

Anyways, you're input welcome.  Mostly curious as to what you think of the voices on Kit106.

Online Hellfire

Re: Guinness goofing off...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »
Made another video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb1FLEvjw0U

Just me, messing around.  Kit 000-Fusion and Kit 106-Custom.

I haven't had a chance to do another cover.  Been busy...  soccer, new kitchen, oh and that job thing too.

Anyways, you're input welcome.  Mostly curious as to what you think of the voices on Kit106.
I like that voices on your custom kit. You are becoming a regular YouTube star! Now Alesis just needs to make an OS updated that lets us save kits out one at a time. ;D

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 10:25:47 PM »
yes, I'm a star!  LOL   :D

We're able to get on the internet with our blue ray player, and I just watched this video on the home theatre.  While I have a sub on the computer, the home theatre sounded fantastic in comparison with both of these kits.  I was amazed it sounded so good. 

I need to get that simmons amp (that Rev (I think?) has).  That way I can hear it, but don't need the home theatre to do so.

Anyways, thanks for the input.  I could upload the sysex file if you want to see that kit.  I am however looking forward to when Alesis allows single kit transfer too.  (speaking of Alesis, haven't seen Dan much on here lately ???)

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 11:40:01 PM »
Yup you're a star all right! I like the sound of that 106 kit. It sounds pretty good on my computer speakers, actually a lot better than my Mackie Thump that's fed from the DM10 module. Guess I gotta work on some settings. Oh yah, really good job on all the videos you've posted by the way. Gives some good insite to what the DM10 is capable of.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »
Nice job!  I liked what I heard, although I need to listen again to hear the custom kit better.  I  am planning my next vid, too..  I am thinking "Sweet Emoion"..
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Bobby@NEMS

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:01:39 AM »
Nice man, just subbed you.

I'm stoked that kit worked out so well for you. You're certainly playing the hell out of it :-)
Bobby D.

Offline ROB219

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 03:56:48 AM »
makes me want to do some more videos!

Ha! I haven't even touched my kit in weeks.... :(

Good sound on the video mate, keep it up!