Author Topic: Chrome DM10 Pro rack parts compatible with the larger Strike Pro rack???  (Read 636 times)

Thanks. I am a taller guy so it appears that the Strike Pro rack is pretty spacious. I have long arms and easily feel cramped.

I want to re use my cymbal arms if I can and pad clamps.

thanks so much

Steve in AZ

Offline Chaser

Re: Chrome DM10 Pro rack parts compatible with the larger Strike Pro rack???
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 03:28:05 PM »
Thanks. I am a taller guy so it appears that the Strike Pro rack is pretty spacious. I have long arms and easily feel cramped.

I want to re use my cymbal arms if I can and pad clamps.

thanks so much

Steve in AZ

You shouldn't have any problems with the slip on clamps.
Alesis Chrome tubing is a lighter gauge and .040-.060 smaller than the 1.5" standard (Alesis is 1.440-1.460).
If you use Gibraltar tubing (which is heavier gauge and right at 1.50".)the Alesis slip on clamps have to be spread a little bit in order to get them on.If you don't spread them you end up twisting them on and some marring.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 03:38:16 PM »
thanks
What about sliding the cymbal post down into the rack....will my DM10 post slide down into the Strike rack pillars?

thx

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 04:18:19 PM »
thanks
What about sliding the cymbal post down into the rack....will my DM10 post slide down into the Strike rack pillars?

thx
I currently don't have any of the STRIKE Pro posts with mounts.The first thing I always do is replace with Gibraltar.
The STRIKE Pro SE doesn't use them..posts are capped.
Here is a discussion about the DM10/STRIKE Pro .
Iggford gigs with both kits , so he could tell you easily what is and what isn't compatible etc.I know the booms/post cymbal mounts have changed a few times over the years and users have wrapped tape etc over the cymbal arm to make them work

Offline Iggford

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
thanks

thx
I currently don't have any of the STRIKE Pro posts with mounts.The first thing I always do is replace with Gibraltar.
The STRIKE Pro SE doesn't use them..posts are capped.
Here is a discussion about the DM10/STRIKE Pro .
Iggford gigs with both kits , so he could tell you easily what is and what isn't compatible etc.I know the booms/post cymbal mounts have changed a few times over the years and users have wrapped tape etc over the cymbal arm to make them work

I still gig with my Strike and actively use my DM10 for practice with the band.  I have the black rack for my DM10, but I've interchanged cymbal arms on the kits.  The arms from my DM10 fit in the Strike rack posts just fine, and vice versa. 

Hope this helps!!

--
Shawn