Author Topic: Hello, interested in buying Alexix Command/Forge  (Read 1668 times)

Hello, interested in buying Alexix Command/Forge
« on: May 29, 2018, 05:13:02 PM »

Hello,

I am from Ecuador and I am going to visit NYC next July/18.  I would like to buy a electronic drum kit, I am trying to decide between forge and command mesh., as this last one cost the double.   I am attracted by the mesh thing in the snare and toms from the command, but the main thing I would like is all the sounds from the module, special effects, both of them has it, but I dont like very much the rubber, it seems rubber will last less than the mesh,... what do you think
I would like the command... but I dont know if the extra $400 worth it....
Pls help me with your comments...

thanks in advance,
Robert

Offline Iggford

Re: Hello, interested in buying Alexix Command/Forge
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 01:41:44 PM »
I definitely prefer the mesh, but if you can get used to playing on it, the rubber is very durable.  At least, with a Roland kit, it's durable.  I haven't owned any Alesis rubber pads.  I have a Roland kit that was bought in 2008, and the rubber pads (and mesh snare) are still in perfect working order.  Scuffed a bit from sticks, but no signs of stopping. 

I even have a couple of pads from my previous Roland kit.  I purchased that one in 2001!  They are in equally good condition.

Incidentally, I bought 3 Yamaha pads back in 2015 to expand my Roland kit.  They seem to be of the same quality as the Roland. 

I hope this helps at least a little!

--
Shawn

Re: Hello, interested in buying Alexix Command/Forge
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 04:51:27 AM »
I just bought the Command kit and I am very satisfied. The Command has mesh snare and bass but the toms are all rubber. Same with the Command Mesh and the Command X.