Author Topic: Reno outdoor gig  (Read 3285 times)

Reno outdoor gig
« on: July 10, 2010, 11:44:31 AM »
Whew! I finally got a weekend off. Our band did 3 days out doors in downtown Reno over the 4th of July weekend at the 9th Annual  Great International Chicken Wing Society Cook-off. 35,000 to 40,000 people attended and they served 20,000 pounds out spicy chicken wings. We did 15 hours of the entertainment over the 3 days. I posted several videos of the band to my MySpace page. If you want to take a look go here http://www.myspace.com/drumslingerdavid and click on the video section. These are raw videos with crowd noise and dancing fans, but you can hear my DM10/Pintech edrums. Peace-dave 

Offline DeeDubs

Re: Reno outdoor gig
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
MMMMmmmm.. Wings..

Dave,

Do you have any more info on your set?? Looks cool..
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 01:18:27 PM »
Whew! I finally got a weekend off. Our band did 3 days out doors in downtown Reno over the 4th of July weekend at the 9th Annual  Great International Chicken Wing Society Cook-off. 35,000 to 40,000 people attended and they served 20,000 pounds out spicy chicken wings. We did 15 hours of the entertainment over the 3 days. I posted several videos of the band to my MySpace page. If you want to take a look go here http://www.myspace.com/drumslingerdavid and click on the video section. These are raw videos with crowd noise and dancing fans, but you can hear my DM10/Pintech edrums. Peace-dave
You guys sounded good. I hope you had fun and plenty of wings. ;)

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 04:48:21 PM »
 ;D Thanks guys, DeeDuds: DM10 module, 2 Pintech Visulite dual triger crash, 1 Pintech Visulite single trigger crash, 1 Pintech custom 14" Visulite ride, 4 Pintech Nimrods, 1 Pintech "duckie" trigger, 4 10X5 Pearl Firecracker snare drums with Pintech trigger in "cake pan mounts" (for tom use), 1 12X5 Pearl firecracker with Pintech trigger and bridge that I use as a  snare drum. custom DIY 16" bass drum with Pintech trigger and a set of Pintech 1300HHC 13" Visulite High Hats. On stage I use 5 DM10 kits. 3 are based on the #79 kit with tweaks for different songs, one is a brushes kit and the last is an 1980"s style "techno" kit. All drums are single zone including the snare. The rack I custom built from parts from Musicians Friend and Pintech.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 10:10:32 PM »
Good videos.  I only watched Louie Louie and Gunpowder and Lead.  Good stuff.   Your singing is pretty good.  I've never been able to do two things at once like that.  I play guitar too, and have never been able to sing or mumble for that matter without screwing up on the guitar.  Same goes for drums.  So, to me, that's an impressive feat.  :)

Sorry I wasn't able to go to the show.  That would have been a good time.

Does your keyboard player play bass on the keys?  I hear a bass, but don't see.

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 02:43:31 AM »
Hi Guinness, If you get time listen to "Stranger in my house"  with the guitar player singing. He is the other two musicians father and has a great voice. The man keyboard player is playing key bass on a Roland keyboard with a midi patch to a sound canvas with "Native Instruments" added. He can call up a Gibson EBO or a Fender Jazz or a stand up or a Precision Bass or about 50 others. I play guitar, bass and drums and sing with all three. I sang lead in and played lead guitar for 3 years but it was just too damn hard so I went back to the drums. LOL. We may be doing some more outdoor stuff in Reno around Labor Day but it isn't confirmed yet. Thanks for the compliment , but I'm nearly 60 and I feel it's time to quit singing. They make me do it! Hope we can meet some time-Peace -Dave