Author Topic: Setting up high hat pedal as a second kick pedal.  (Read 707 times)

Setting up high hat pedal as a second kick pedal.
« on: May 24, 2021, 11:22:38 AM »
I have the Alesis Command kit. On a few custom kits I made i set the high hat pedal to be a second kick drum since I dont have a double kick pedal yet. It works fine except for the fact it still opens and closes the high hats. I play with the hats open like 90% of the time. Is it possible to set it so that It only does the kick pedal and leaves the hats open?

Offline Chaser

Re: Setting up high hat pedal as a second kick pedal.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 12:58:11 PM »
I have the Alesis Command kit. On a few custom kits I made i set the high hat pedal to be a second kick drum since I dont have a double kick pedal yet. It works fine except for the fact it still opens and closes the high hats. I play with the hats open like 90% of the time. Is it possible to set it so that It only does the kick pedal and leaves the hats open?

Using a Variable Controller sends CC info for pedal position for open/closed..
Drum modules are basically TMI..Trigger to MIDI convertors with the option of playing the onboard sounds or sending the MIDI out.(Local Control ON/OFF)
See if you have a Hi Hat Combination assigned....changing to a single Voice may help...may not..
If you go into Voices..select Hi Hat..or Pedal..or Splash..You'll see there are "Hi Hat Combinations"  from 630-643...they are locked to the Hi Hat components..you select one..it is applied to all three.
You can assign any of the other Factory Voices to the HiHat,Pedal and Splash (including Hi Hat Voices 408-443 which is 9 groups of 4..HH,Edge,Pedal,splash) and to other kit pieces.. and they WILL save.You can see if that will make any difference or at least eliminate the splash
One of the other issues with using a variable HH Controller cable for a kick is it's probably going to splash when the module sees resistance drop.
Under Trigger change the HH Splash MIDI note to 000 and see if it eliminates the splash..

EDIT:
I didn't have a chance to check for a Dual Zone Hi Hat with the Command module before I sold it..
see this Topic and if you get the time check and see..no one has confirmed one way or another..the Crimson II does not.

Alesis Crimson DUAL ZONE Hi Hat
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 01:25:39 PM by Chaser »