Author Topic: Yes, I did it!  (Read 2727 times)

Yes, I did it!
« on: January 20, 2021, 05:58:51 AM »
Finally, I convinced myself I really needed the Strike Pro SE ;-)
Since January 31st it is up and runnning and I'm loving it so much!
Need some tinkering with the hi-hat, that doesn't seem to react as I want it to.

Happy drummer here!
Alesis Strike Pro SE, 2x expansion (tom/2 cymbals), 2nd Strike Module, Alesis Strike Multipad, Behringer eurorack 1804x, Antd Redfire 10

Online AlanK

Re: Yes, I did it!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:12:35 AM »
Beauty! And what do ya know, I've got the same pedals... Pearl Eliminator double kicks and a two legged Tama hi-hat like yours!

Don't know anything about the Strike, however.. still on a DM10 module.. but hey, congrats and enjoy!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 11:16:17 AM »
Awesome! Whoa January 31st? Are you from the future?!

It's funny what we're capable of convincing ourselves we need lol.
Three years ago, at the age of 30, I decided to take up drums. ZERO prior experience unless you count the steering wheel.

I convinced myself to go from a Turbo to Nitro to Crimson, triple the price, for my first kit. The Strike hadn't been released yet, I think it came a few months later. Now I have an A2E and desperately want to add an acoustic kit. I was pretty confident the passion was going to stick.

I'm a drummer for life! Happy drumming.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 11:18:18 AM by tmk21315 »
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 10:35:50 AM »
Okay, I got such a good deal on the expansion set.......

I bought two! ;-)

So after two evenings of taking apart and building up, I have a new configuration.
I am SOOOOO happy right now! This is so close to my dream-setup, I wish I could tell my 15 year old self who was drawing all kinds of drumkits instead of doing his homework, that it will be possible to own a really great and awesome kit!

Next: using the extra free time this friday to configure the kits in the module....which split was what ;-)

So hoping that Alesis will add the midifeature which wille allow to use my old TD-6 as a midi-slave.
For now, I couldn't be more happy!!!!

Alesis Strike Pro SE, 2x expansion (tom/2 cymbals), 2nd Strike Module, Alesis Strike Multipad, Behringer eurorack 1804x, Antd Redfire 10

Online AlanK

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 11:06:56 AM »
Congrats! What an amazingly huge kit you've got going now! Love it :)

Yes, having the splitters and extra parts always takes a lot of effort to edit the triggers and then add instruments in all the kit entries in the module. I used to have 3 splitters on my DM10X setup and it was a LOT of work.. and then you change one thing around and have to go back into the module and update everything. I actually recently removed my extra crash and cowbell (a friend gave me his old piece, I think it's called the Cow Paddy or something, looks like a cowbell and really reactive compared to assigning cowbell to the rim somewhere in the kit)

Must be nice on a fine day to play in that enclave staring out the window! (unless the view sucks of course).
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 11:27:07 AM »
Congrats! What an amazingly huge kit you've got going now! Love it :)

Yes, having the splitters and extra parts always takes a lot of effort to edit the triggers and then add instruments in all the kit entries in the module. I used to have 3 splitters on my DM10X setup and it was a LOT of work.. and then you change one thing around and have to go back into the module and update everything. I actually recently removed my extra crash and cowbell (a friend gave me his old piece, I think it's called the Cow Paddy or something, looks like a cowbell and really reactive compared to assigning cowbell to the rim somewhere in the kit)

Must be nice on a fine day to play in that enclave staring out the window! (unless the view sucks of course).

Thanks! That cowbellthingy sounds nice, I'll look into that! (when I can find more inputs.....need more inputs!)

The view isn't that interesting, looking at the backdoor neighbour's house....but I like to keep the shades down anyway, so I can imagine myself on big stages all across the world  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 06:49:29 AM »
Okay, I got such a good deal on the expansion set.......

I bought two! ;-)

So after two evenings of taking apart and building up, I have a new configuration.
I am SOOOOO happy right now! This is so close to my dream-setup, I wish I could tell my 15 year old self who was drawing all kinds of drumkits instead of doing his homework, that it will be possible to own a really great and awesome kit!

Next: using the extra free time this friday to configure the kits in the module....which split was what ;-)

So hoping that Alesis will add the midifeature which wille allow to use my old TD-6 as a midi-slave.
For now, I couldn't be more happy!!!!

Hello, very nice kit!

Are you using just one drum module with all that setup? If so, how do you do?

Thanks!

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2022, 12:24:16 AM »
You can use your TM6 to trigger rims instead of splitting them, its a bit better option than splitters.  So you have 4 inputs there, then there is the second bass drum zone, there's a 5th.

I have 2 toms split and I'm using the second kick zone on mine.  All triggered through an edrumin

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2023, 11:31:07 AM »

Hello, very nice kit!

Are you using just one drum module with all that setup? If so, how do you do?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply! I used splitters on the tom-inputs and bassdrum (didn?t know that was dualzone input at first)

As from next week, I?ll be the happy owner of a second strike module, so all splitters will be gone :-)

First gig with this great kit!
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2023, 05:16:12 AM »
It has been a while, but I had such a great experience playing a gig with the Alesis. First live gig in years, first ever with my Alesis and it didn't let me down! It was just so great! Thanks for all the help and suggestions on this forum. I've added a pic of my setup in the practiceroom and for the gig.

Then I send it to 65drums, when Justin asked for pics to roast. I never thought a roast could be so nice! https://youtu.be/NLn1Wzgd2z8 starting from 8:48

So everyone out there considering going live with the Alesis Strike or the Multipad, my experience was awesome. The controls for bass and snare where a delight to the soundman and playing to backingtracks was a new experience! Sometimes a little to much like playing along instead of playing live, but only when there was a lot going on. Loved the look on the faces of my bandmates when they heard my kit through the big speakers at practice for the first time. They were rather sceptical, but still had my old TD-6 sounds in mind.
All in all, a great experience!

Greetz,
Cas

Online AlanK

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2023, 11:18:44 AM »
What an INCREDIBLE and beautiful setup you have!

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2023, 12:41:41 PM »
What an INCREDIBLE and beautiful setup you have!

Thank you!