Author Topic: DM10 Trigger Config files (Studio or Pro)  (Read 60043 times)

Offline vaikl

Re: Looking for members using stock config DM10 kits (Studio or Pro)
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 11:37:30 PM »
If a few people do not have an issue with the tom1, I'll have to assume some of the modules are faulty and some are not.

I think HF wanted to say that *most* of the community people have no probs with tom 1. I'm among them.

Some DM10 modules are able to import custom syx files and some not.(according to forum posts) Where are the answers? Definitely not from Alesis. Has anyone received any answers from Alesis for their issues?

There's a quite clear difference between a SysEx dump of the *whole* DM10 memory and the trigger settings SysEx dump, as described in the manual. The only problem I can see in the forum is that the reload of the *trigger-only* SysEx dump causes errors. The *full* SysEx dump reload isn't affected and with a full SysEx dump reload you'll get the trigger settings too.

If you have probs with (re-)loading a full memory SysEx file then please make it transparent here. The problem with the trigger-only SysEx file was recently assigned to Alesis support and hopefully will be solved soon (as I'm behind it and would kick-ass if needed ;)).

Beside this: I have started to trigger my acoustic set in the mid eighties and since then I never had expected that a trigger setup would be a plug-and-play scenario.

Offline Conrad55

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 11:45:17 AM »
Well I am pretty excited, I just had my DM10 usb Studio kit delivered!!!!! Whooo hoooo!!!! And I got for under $800 bucks.

I will (hopefully) be setting mine up tonight and seeing just how "plug and play" it is.

I will keep ya'll informed.

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »
Finally got my DM10 Studio.  Still getting it dialed in with crosstalk and sensitivity but ill be willing to put mine up once i get it right.  I'll see what I can do............I really need to put my kit by my computer soon  =/ .....

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 01:42:07 PM »
i downloaded midi ox and both available trigger settings but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to upload one of them to the module ??? . I open one of them, highlight it all, click send, but nothing ever happens. the dm10 always says midi restore waiting...
all help is appreciated

I am having the same issue. I've tried with both my Mac and PC using USB and a M-Audio MIDI interface.

UPDATE: I am able to SYSX send and save my module settings using SysEx Librarian on my Mac so I know I've hooked it up correctly...just can't send Tsints or Probe's settings to my DM10.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:57:15 PM by Boosh63 »

Offline ChillyWilly

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 11:09:57 PM »
I'm only able to send the "All Memory dump" back to the DM-10 unit, but not the files created by the "All Trigger Settings" . Has anybody been successful at sending only the trigger data back. If not can you guys post the full file? that should have all the settings.

The best instructions are on this post.

http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=947.0

Thanks
Alesis DM-10 Studio kit (2011+), DW-3000 Single Pedal, 682Drums Mesh Conversion, BlueJay Drums, Sonar X2 Producer, Superior Drummer

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 10:46:19 AM »
I would be happy to participate when I get a chance, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents here....it takes TIME to get this kit set up with triggering....I have a studio kit, and that's pretty much what I use it for. I spent a good 8 hours configuring my kit when I got it almost a year ago. The only occasional problem I have is my ride cutting out while I'm hitting the kick....very rearely though...I will say this....it has all to do with vibration through your rack. I played through headphones for about a month when I first got the kit...then I bought a simmons amp and had to tweek the settings a little on the sensativity....I had a bass player in my studio and had to really isolate his amp from the kit because  of the vibration causing false triggers. So bottom line....if you don't take your time....and your kit is on "shakey ground".....you'll have transients. I'll try to get my files to you if you still want them.....and thanks for all of the info you supply!!
Joe T

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 02:32:55 AM »
Hi there, new member here!

First off I'd like to say thanks so much for such a helpful topic, I've been reading this forum for a day or two now since my Alesis came and every thread has been full of useful info. :)

Unfortunately, like a couple other people, I'm having problems loading the syx files onto my module. I load Midi-ox fine, followed the instructions on this topic ( http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=947.0 ) to the letter, but it still won't work. I can get up to the selecting and sending of the file, but then nothing happens. My DM10 should say "Midi Restore Ok", but instead nothing happens. Like I didn't even send the file.

While it's not to much of an issue for me (I'll eventually tweek it right by myself I'm sure) I was wondering if it'd be possible for someone to just post the number values of their settings for each drum, something like:

Snare:
Sensitivity: ??
Threshold: ??
& etc

That way it might give some of us newbies a basis to go off of without to much of a hassle.

If not, it's no problem, though I'd be grateful for any help you guys can give :)

Thanks again!

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »
Hey waxmountain.
There are lot's of plug and play kit's out there but they all have limitations as far as expanshion and quality, the DM10 is made to be used as a tool for drummers of all types who want to be able to build a kit around there specific playing styles and tastes.....It's not for everyone. I can appreciate your frustration but you may want to try and find someone in your location to help you (I.E you local music store)....It's never a bad idea to make sure you have all your updates done and try a different PC or Mac and alternate cables....hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:04:33 AM by pgdrumguy »

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »
Hello,

Same issues but according to advices I resolve them like this :

- For TOM1 : Xsend 03 Xrcv 03 retrigger 15 threshold 04 Curv LOG4
- For all others : Xtalk send rcv never more than 05
                       threshold between 05 and 10

Hope it will work for you  ;)

Offline Willyvee

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »
Hello all, I just got my DM10 Studio and got it set up, got it dialed in pretty nicely over lunch today.. I want to play with it s not more, but I have eliminated x talk almost entirely just using sensitivity settings. It was really only an issue with Tom 3 false triggering the rim sound of Tom 4 and time 3 & 4 occasionally triggering crash 2. It wasn't terrible, but it was definitely there. Once I get a little more time with the unit I will submit my settings.
You make a good point about users new to edrums- it took me a while to learn to dial in a module. The DM 10 has been really easy to work with so far compared to others I've had.

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 11:52:33 AM »
Not sure if you still need volunteers for this, based on the date of the original post, the firmware updates, etc, but I'm happy to help if still needed.

I have a stock dm10 studio kit (2011), a little under a week old. The settings I'm using are working great for me so far as far as sensitivity and xtalk, although I have only been using it for practicing by myself (no other instruments present to set off triggers).

I am very new to edrums, so I cant say that the settings are necessarily optimal, but they are working well for me and my environment.

let me know if you still want\need file dumps.

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
Hi hellfire

Just new to forum likely to buy dm10 studio today. It would be stock do you still need help ?

Can you clarify your mesh mod is the video for two steps ? One for putting in a dual zone ( which i wouldn't need to do) and the second part to introduce mesh ?

Do you reccomend the new 3 ply white mesh over the original one ?

Thx!

Offline vtdrummer

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »
I'm not hellfire, but I think I can answer this, and he'll correct me if I'm wrong...  ;)

Yes, it's a two step for adding a second zone, I believe, and you don't need to do that step for just the mesh, just do the mesh part.

I have both the two ply and the three ply, and I like the three ply better... just MY opinion.  I also think it LOOKS better...
DM10 Studio 2011 w/Surge Cymbals added, BB Mesh head conversion w/rubber muffs at bottom, one 12" A-E pad, Simmons DA200S, sometimes using 2 satellite speakers... Simmons SDMP-1 Multi-pad.
See my DIY 12" Acoustic to E-Drum project post here: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1227

Online Hellfire

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »
I'm not hellfire, but I think I can answer this, and he'll correct me if I'm wrong...  ;)

Yes, it's a two step for adding a second zone, I believe, and you don't need to do that step for just the mesh, just do the mesh part.

I have both the two ply and the three ply, and I like the three ply better... just MY opinion.  I also think it LOOKS better...

vtdrummer nailed it. What he said. ;D

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2011, 09:21:52 PM »

vtdrummer nailed it. What he said. ;D
Newbie here.  Just got my set today and having the same issues you speak of here.  I'm new to the edrum world, so any and all help is greatly appreciated.  Maybe one day I can be on the helping end.   ;)

I am able to back up my .syx files to my Maclike a champ, but now how do I take the trigger settings from Tsints.syx back to the module?

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2011, 09:29:53 PM »
So, I did buy the dm10 studio and it had been floor model so I set the factory reset but now none of the kits seem to be configured properly

I have got it triggering steven slate sample in protools

should I do the system download  how do you get the  sysEx Library to send the downloaded file to the dm10

I do find the snare most playable but the surfaces are a little odd is that what the mesh mod does makes the heads more playable

thanks !

Offline vtdrummer

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2011, 08:42:39 AM »
In my opinion, many of the standard kits need adjustment of some sort.  You should be able to download all the most recent files from the website, and there's an installer there that you can upload the files to the module with, from your computer.

Mesh conversion makes them quieter, and it's a matter of opinion if they "feel" better.  Some say so, some not so much.  I like them better myself, but noise was not an issue for me.
DM10 Studio 2011 w/Surge Cymbals added, BB Mesh head conversion w/rubber muffs at bottom, one 12" A-E pad, Simmons DA200S, sometimes using 2 satellite speakers... Simmons SDMP-1 Multi-pad.
See my DIY 12" Acoustic to E-Drum project post here: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1227

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »
Just got my DM10 Studio kit last Thursday and I think I've pretty well got it tweaked out like I want it.  I'll try to upload my syx file over the weekend if I can find time.  I'm new to drums, never have been a drummer but wanted to learn and have a nice set to do some home recording with.  So far so good, had the basic issues with the set straight out of the box, but with some tweaking they are working pretty well for me.  I may still do a little more tweaking on a few of the sensitivity settings but overall I'm happy with the way they're reacting now. 

Offline Slotrace.dk

Re: DM10 Trigger Config files (Studio or Pro)
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 04:38:04 AM »
How do I get my pc to see the DM10 through the USB cable?   ???
best regards
René Christensen
Selection

Offline Trondster

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 05:24:52 AM »
It should automatically show up as a MIDI device for applications using MIDI.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline Slotrace.dk

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 02:15:13 PM »
Sadly it doesn't.
But I did once see a YouTube video about DM10 and how a guy deleted something on his pc and rebooted it, then it showed the DM10 on the PCM, but now I can't seem to find the video.
best regards
René Christensen
Selection

Offline vaikl

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »
René, the DM10 module needs no driver to be installed when connecting it to a PC. It uses a standard windows driver (I assume, you are on Win) and should be automatically visible when you start-up the module.

On older windows systems (XP or older) sometimes using a large number of USB devices and often changing them can cause trouble in the registry. There are some small tools available to clean up older/dead USB device entries, maybe that was the video you had seen. Just search for something like "USB device registry cleanup".

Hope that helps.

Offline Slotrace.dk

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »
will look into it, thanks
best regards
René Christensen
Selection

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2013, 08:48:04 PM »
Are you kidding me.....after you change all the settings for the triggers and xtalk the DM10 doesn't let me save it....to the main memory.......

That really is the worse programming snafu...i have ever seen....
It must be here somewhere

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »
Whoops.....Sorry about that...I found it after careful deliberation in the manual....Thanks guys.ß
It must be here somewhere