Author Topic: What is the significance of...  (Read 2300 times)

What is the significance of...
« on: April 12, 2016, 04:33:05 AM »
the petrol pump picture by the AlesisDrummer logotype?

Offline AlanK

Re: What is the significance of...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 08:11:51 AM »
Hahaha, it's the top view of a pad, clamp in top left corner, metal hoop arcing
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 08:41:25 AM »
the petrol pump picture by the AlesisDrummer logotype?

I can honestly say, I never looked at it that way. I would guess your first hobby is cars?

Incase you are wondering about that image I've attached a few pics to show where it comes from. The edrum that is used for the alesisDRUMMER logo is an edrum that I made myself about 8 years ago (actually made several). Back then I was way more interested in DIY and trying to make my own product. I've actually developed many of my own triggering systems over the years going back to 1995. I wanted to make sure that I didn't use any imagery from Alesis. I didn't want to be accused of trying to look like Alesis proper, but I still want to look like an edrum forum. So I used a real edrum in the logo (Mine). Even the font I used is a non Alesis proper font. Again, done on purpose. 

Edit: The edrum pictured is a modification to my X4L design. Incase you are wondering, that was the first use of a cake pan as a drum shell and was also the project that inspired the whole "drop in cake pan" DIY solution.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:49:35 AM by Hellfire »

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 02:22:46 PM »
OMG!

Now available in crimson!

seriously that is what I see!

(OK - now I feel like an idiot!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yqx5nvDrqA

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 02:59:36 PM »
Hahaha, priceless.. it does look a bit like it, now that I know.. and the Crimson part, perfect!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 10:53:23 AM »
It really amuses me seeing what you went through with the logo.  Been there before!  Think I stole your work?  Here's the proof I did every bit of this from scratch, and any resemblance to your stuff is purely coincidental, so put your lawyer back in the suitcase and move along.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 12:44:44 PM »
It really amuses me seeing what you went through with the logo.  Been there before!  Think I stole your work?  Here's the proof I did every bit of this from scratch, and any resemblance to your stuff is purely coincidental, so put your lawyer back in the suitcase and move along.

I'm glad someone else gets it.  :)