Author Topic: Crimson Ride on DM10 Pro Module  (Read 547 times)

Crimson Ride on DM10 Pro Module
« on: January 02, 2022, 09:05:23 PM »
I currently have a Crimson SE triple zone ride with a single jack. In considering upgrading my module to but not sure if the ride would work with the new module since the DM10 has a dual port ride.

Offline Chaser

Re: Crimson Ride on DM10 Pro Module
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 11:40:18 PM »
I currently have a Crimson SE triple zone ride with a single jack. In considering upgrading my module to but not sure if the ride would work with the new module since the DM10 has a dual port ride.

Welcome to the Forum !

I presume DM10 MKII Pro module..there is/was also a DM10 Pro Kit that uses an Original DM10 module..

I don't have a single cable 3 zone DMPad but have tested with the STRIKE single Cable 3 zone 14".

They should be the same as I have known a few to use the STRIKE 14" as a 3 zone Ride and have tested them myself on the DD650 modules with No problems..

Partial Function Ride 1 Cable...Full function Ride 2 Cable.

Ride 1 cable:Bell/Bow..NO Edge..NO Choke..the Edge triggers the Bell Voice..

Ride 2 cable: Bell,Bow,Edge and Choke..Full Functions as a 3 Zone Ride..

You'll be able to use 2 cymbals..HOWEVER..there is only one set of Trigger settings as a Dual Cable Ride operates as a circuit..
The same settings will apply to both cymbals..

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 08:10:48 AM »
Awesome information. Yes I am referring to the DM10 Pro, and this is exactly what I was looking for. I almost got excited with 2 separate cymbals, but one circuit in the module makes a lot of sense. I had considered upgrading the module, but it's looking more and more like I will be taking advantage of a lenient return policy and upgrading the entire kit again.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 12:17:11 PM »
Awesome information. Yes I am referring to the DM10 Pro, and this is exactly what I was looking for. I almost got excited with 2 separate cymbals, but one circuit in the module makes a lot of sense. I had considered upgrading the module, but it's looking more and more like I will be taking advantage of a lenient return policy and upgrading the entire kit again.

To clear up any confusion..the DM10 Pro was discontinued over 10 years ago...the DM10 MKII Pro is the most recent version.
The kits and modules are entirely different.If you are referring to the DM10 MKII Pro don't forget the "MKII" in a post otherwise you'll get entirely incorrect info.
Alesis created a lot of confusion by retaining the DM10 name (DM10 MKII Studio/DM10 MKII Pro) on 2 kits that have absolutely nothing in common with the original DM10 module.
The DM10 MKII Studio and a few other kits were discontinued and all info disappeared from the Alesis site including the legacy section.

The Crimson II SE is a Guitar Center release..(Musicians Friend WWBW etc..part of the GC family) you won't find any info on the Alesis website about it..nor will you find individual kit pieces that match to expand it.You would have to find a Kit being parted out on ebay etc to get the matching Black/Gold hardware/white Mesh signature heads..an oversight on Alesis part as the 1st thing everyone wants is another floor tom..which if you do find one,added to  the cost of the original Crimson II SE the price will be similar to the DM10 MKII Pro which came with more kit pieces and larger sizes..
The other thing to watch for is never purchase a module to upgrade that requires a DB25 trigger harness without the trigger harness.
The harness separately is usually more expensive and hard to find..depending on the module.
The exception would be if replacing for an existing module setup.The majority of the time the DB25 harness is not interchangeable if changing module model as the harnesses are pinned differently.

Crimson II SE
5-piece pad set with 8/8/10" dual-zone toms, 12" dual-zone snare, 8" kick
4-piece cymbal set with 12" hi-hat, two 12" crashes with choke and 14" triple-zone ride

DM10 MKII Pro
6-piece pad set with 10/10/12/12? dual-zone toms, 12? dual-zone snare, 8" kick
4-piece cymbal set with a 12? hi-hat, two 14? crashes, and 16? triple-zone ride