Author Topic: Early Christmas Present  (Read 1649 times)

Early Christmas Present
« on: October 31, 2020, 03:56:08 AM »
I got this beauty on Monday and I am so in awe looking at it. I posted these pics in the Alesis Drums and Percussion Facebook group and people commented on the plant. So before you say anything nasty  :), it has to stay folks because that was placed there by the person who gave me this wonderful Christmas present none other than my lovely wife. She said it softens the view a bit with a touch of femininity. Who am I to argue? I got a freakin' awesome kit! But then again maybe she just got so fed up with the loud acoustic kit  ;D. Again who am I to complain?! I got a freakin' awesome kit! Did I say I got an awesome kit? I did say I got an awesome kit.  ;D ;D ;D

Re: Early Christmas Present
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 05:47:32 AM »
You forgat to say you got an awesome wife. And BTW plants are cool 😎 hit everybody that say otherwise with your drum stick.

Did I came with standalone cymbal stands? Now I want that! :)

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 02:14:04 PM »
You forgat to say you got an awesome wife. And BTW plants are cool 😎 hit everybody that say otherwise with your drum stick.

Did I came with standalone cymbal stands? Now I want that! :)

Oops I forgot about the awesome wife part  ;D. The standalone cymbal stands are from my acoustic kit (stacked up in the corner on the background). I have seen a lot of tutorials on DIY kits in YouTube. So I might try that amd convert my Gretsch kit. If that works, I might put the Alesis pads up for sale. Or keep then and have a monster kit.

Offline vappicewins

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 04:55:18 PM »
Very nice and congratulations all around!!

How are you liking them so far please? Want to pull the trigger myself soon, and the Surge kit I just bought is really aggravating the carpal tunnel in my hands and wrists, as well as the dreaded drummer's elbows. Of course I hope the feel is more like my acoustic Pearl's, especially the toms and bass. I realize the cymbals will be a different feel, but hopefully much easier on the old bones and body.