Author Topic: DM10-update or not?  (Read 5258 times)

DM10-update or not?
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:12:48 AM »
Hello to all. My first post. My name is Pete. I purchased a new DM10 Studio Mesh set in November 2015. From what I can see the module is up to date. Trigg os 1.00a, Snd Rom 1.03 and Snd os 1.00s. I have recently acquired the Pro-X hi hats and need to know if I need to update any part of or all of my modules firmware. I do not want to update un-necessarily, and according to what's listed my DM10 is up to date. As a matter of fact when first setting up my new set I was very impressed, and maybe lucky. Other than a few tweaks to match my playing habits the set worked as advertised. No cross talk issues at all. Hats off to Alesis.
 I am also confused about the 2 separate trigger updates listed for the Studio Mesh DM10. Version 1.00a would seem to be the software already on my module. Version 1.01b states to only download if using DM1. What is DM1?
 Knowledge from those that know would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Chaser

Re: DM10-update or not?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:30:26 AM »
Hello to all. My first post. My name is Pete. I purchased a new DM10 Studio Mesh set in November 2015. From what I can see the module is up to date. Trigg os 1.00a, Snd Rom 1.03 and Snd os 1.00s. I have recently acquired the Pro-X hi hats and need to know if I need to update any part of or all of my modules firmware. I do not want to update un-necessarily, and according to what's listed my DM10 is up to date. As a matter of fact when first setting up my new set I was very impressed, and maybe lucky. Other than a few tweaks to match my playing habits the set worked as advertised. No cross talk issues at all. Hats off to Alesis.
 I am also confused about the 2 separate trigger updates listed for the Studio Mesh DM10. Version 1.00a would seem to be the software already on my module. Version 1.01b states to only download if using DM1. What is DM1?
 Knowledge from those that know would be greatly appreciated.

The text  is cutoff. I have seen the text cut off in the product descriptions/downloads and elsewhere.The "new" Alesis site has a lot of that.
An example is the downloads you are looking at..

http://alesis.com/products/view2/dm10-studio-mesh

I believe the most current updates were from 9/22/2014

DM10 – Firmware Updates [posted 9/22/2014]
DM10 Updater 1.00
DM10_boot_v1.00h.syx
DM10-app-v1.00s.syx
DM10_triggers_V1.00a.syx (use with real hat pedal)
DM10_triggers_V1.01b.syx (use with Alesis Pro-X hi hat)
DM10_sound_rom-V1.03.syx

« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:27:39 PM by Chaser »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 12:27:57 AM »
The text  is cutoff. I have seen the text cut off in the product descriptions/downloads and elsewhere.The "new" Alesis site has a lot of that.
An example is the downloads you are looking at.. http://alesis.com/products/view2/dm10-studio-mesh

I believe the most current updates were from 9/22/2014

DM10 – Firmware Updates [posted 9/22/2014]
DM10 Updater 1.00
DM10_boot_v1.00h.syx
DM10-app-v1.00s.syx
DM10_triggers_V1.00a.syx (use with real hat pedal)
DM10_triggers_V1.01b.syx (use with Alesis Pro-X hi hat)
DM10_sound_rom-V1.03.syx

I guess the Alesis website is another one of their 'unfinished projects', as the firmware descriptions have been trimmed to 236 characters!

Maybe this topic should be made a sticky to help other DM10 users find it easily.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 02:08:10 AM by rhysT »

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 05:10:36 PM »
Yes, Alesis should be clearer and more specific when listing the updates, and also include all the info needed to choose correctly. Thank you for the reply. Just to be clear, all my boot, sys, and snd files seem to be up to date, the only update I should need would be to install the 1.01b(Pro x hat) triggers in place of the 1.00a(real hat) triggers. Is this correct or is it necessary to place all of the files?

Offline rhysT

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 08:56:08 PM »
I purchased a new DM10 Studio Mesh set in November 2015. From what I can see the module is up to date. Trigg os 1.00a, Snd Rom 1.03 and Snd os 1.00s. I have recently acquired the Pro-X hi hats and need to know if I need to update any part of or all of my modules firmware. I do not want to update un-necessarily, and according to what's listed my DM10 is up to date. As a matter of fact when first setting up my new set I was very impressed, and maybe lucky. Other than a few tweaks to match my playing habits the set worked as advertised. No cross talk issues at all. Hats off to Alesis.

Just to be clear, all my boot, sys, and snd files seem to be up to date, the only update I should need would be to install the 1.01b(Pro x hat) triggers in place of the 1.00a(real hat) triggers. Is this correct or is it necessary to place all of the files?

Hey Pete, just install the DM10_triggers_V1.01b.syx update (for Pro-X hi hat).

First save a backup of your current trigger settings as per the manual and this topic: http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=993.0 

You can also use the basic Elektron C6 utility program to transfer Sysex files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s4g979xfpic14ok/AADhHzPvGrWXOK1HYPbdBSqga?dl=0&preview=Elektron_C6_MAC_AND_WIN_1.51.zip