Author Topic: What are the options for buying mesh heads?  (Read 1716 times)

What are the options for buying mesh heads?
« on: October 28, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »
Hello all. I purchased a DM10 studio kit with mesh heads in Ebay, but they sent real heads kit. I live in Mexico so returning the whole kit is out of the question. So I am facing the possibility that I may have to buy a set of mesh head pads for my drum kit. What are the commercially available options? I would need one 10" and five 8" pads for my kit.
Sorry if this has been asked before. Believe me I tried to do a search but got no definitive answer. Thank you for your time!

Offline Mr.J.

Re: What are the options for buying mesh heads?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »
I've used Remo silent stroke, they are mesh. Now I am using the ones from Laurin and they are great.

Offline Chaser

Re: What are the options for buying mesh heads?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 06:46:00 PM »
Hello all. I purchased a DM10 studio kit with mesh heads in Ebay, but they sent real heads kit. I live in Mexico so returning the whole kit is out of the question. So I am facing the possibility that I may have to buy a set of mesh head pads for my drum kit. What are the commercially available options? I would need one 10" and five 8" pads for my kit.
Sorry if this has been asked before. Believe me I tried to do a search but got no definitive answer. Thank you for your time!

There are many options/opinions as far as purchasing mesh heads..It isn't as simple as just replacing the mylar with mesh heads.. you will need to update the modules firmware
 and do the mesh conversion which requires you to open and modify the internals of the drums...if purchased new from an authorized Alesis dealer , this will void your warranty.
If you aren't interested in DIY and doing the  conversion..you should file a "not as described" claim against the ebayer.. .especially if it was a company selling "New"
Otherwise your only other option would be to sell it and purchase a mesh kit .

mesh conversion
http://www.alesisdrummer.com/results.php?cx=partner-pub-0443830234211702%3A7799811482&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=mesh+conversion&sa=Search&siteurl=www.alesisdrummer.com%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D7355.0%3Btopicseen&ref=www.alesisdrummer.com%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dunread&ss=2958j703196j15