Author Topic: Strike Ride on Nitro module  (Read 833 times)

Strike Ride on Nitro module
« on: October 01, 2020, 03:02:50 AM »
Greetings

I have Nitro Module and somehow I came into possesion of Strike 16" Ride. Before getting rid of it I want to try it as my ride. I know that despite Ride cable from Nitros snake is TRS, module is capable of only 1 sound for Ride ( no choke no bell zone ). So my question is; what would happen if I put ride cable to input 1 and crash2 cable into input 2 of the strike ride (as I desired to trigger the crash sound on bell zone of cymbal and of course change crash sound to bell). I don´t mind losing Crash2, I have 4 operational splitters for all 4 toms so one of rim zones will be second crash :). I am new to electronic drums so I need to hear other opinion because I don´t know if it would not damage module or the cymbal itself.

Thank you.

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike Ride on Nitro module
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 10:54:03 AM »
Greetings

I have Nitro Module and somehow I came into possesion of Strike 16" Ride. Before getting rid of it I want to try it as my ride. I know that despite Ride cable from Nitros snake is TRS, module is capable of only 1 sound for Ride ( no choke no bell zone ). So my question is; what would happen if I put ride cable to input 1 and crash2 cable into input 2 of the strike ride (as I desired to trigger the crash sound on bell zone of cymbal and of course change crash sound to bell). I don´t mind losing Crash2, I have 4 operational splitters for all 4 toms so one of rim zones will be second crash :). I am new to electronic drums so I need to hear other opinion because I don´t know if it would not damage module or the cymbal itself.

Thank you.

The STRIKE Triple (3) zone ride outputs are tied together as a circuit as are the jacks on the module.
The outputs do not function independently so you can't just connect the outputs to different inputs on a module.You can get partial functionality by using a dummy plug in either of the output jacks and get it to work as a dual zone but the Nitro module is single zone for all the cymbals with the crash having a choke.
The Nitro product descriptions and user guide are vague...just "Ride"...if your harness is TRS...does the Ride "choke" ?
I don't see any Samples/Voices for dual zone cymbals at all.