Author Topic: Strike Pro Ride Cymbal  (Read 2057 times)

Strike Pro Ride Cymbal
« on: June 06, 2020, 09:25:05 AM »
  Hello all. I finally received my Strike Pro kit from Guitar Center that was sold as "Blemished". After getting it all setup, I find out that the Ride Cymbal barely triggers and it will only do so when I strike the cymbal really hard. All of the other cymbals respond as they should.  The problem is definetely the cymbal itself because I unplugged 2 of the toms and ran the 2 ride cymbal cables into those 2 toms and the bow and bell worked while plugged into the toms. Can these be easily repaired or will the cymbal have to be sent out to an authorized service center?  Guitar Center won't help at all, which is total bullshit!  When I saw the kit was being sold as "blemished" I assumed there was a cosmetic issue. I never thought one of the pads would be defective. Anyway, any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Larry

Offline AlanK

Re: Strike Pro Ride Cymbal
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 11:40:46 AM »
Hi Larry, I own the DM10 so not an expert with the Strike, but if that ride works as it should using the tom inputs, then the hardware is fine and you would want to check the trigger settings for your ride on the module, maybe the levels are way too low.. is it the same when you try it with more than one kit preset? It could be the levels in each kit, or it could be the trigger settings for the ride in the overall general setup. Or try a factory reset? Guitar Centre may not have done that and maybe the kit had been played/toyed with previously and someone mistakenly mucked up the ride trigger defaults to some super low settings?
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 06:16:00 AM »
  Thanks for the reply Alan. The cymbal itself DID NOT work when plugged into other outlets. When I plugged the ride outlets into other pads I got the ride sounds.  That's how I came to the conclusion that it was the cymbal and not a setting. Evidently these cymbals are not sold individually.  Looks like I need to find a ride from Roland or another compatible maker.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 08:40:37 AM »
Ugh, I can't wait for Guitar Center to be gone.

Did you call Alesis directly about a new ride cymbal? While it may not be listed on dealer websites, you should be able to buy it directly from them. I purchased an individual pad and cymbal in the past when I wanted to add onto my Crimson. I've even bought a 14" mesh head individually from them.

There is one on Reverb at the moment: https://reverb.com/item/34100724-alesis-16-triple-zone-cymbal-pad-for-strike-and-strike-pro-electronic-drum-kit
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 09:51:59 AM »
Ugh, I can't wait for Guitar Center to be gone.

Did you call Alesis directly about a new ride cymbal? While it may not be listed on dealer websites, you should be able to buy it directly from them. I purchased an individual pad and cymbal in the past when I wanted to add onto my Crimson. I've even bought a 14" mesh head individually from them.

There is one on Reverb at the moment: https://reverb.com/item/34100724-alesis-16-triple-zone-cymbal-pad-for-strike-and-strike-pro-electronic-drum-kit

I attached the Alesis list for individual pt#'s in this post .
You can contact Alesis online support/parts dept.
It looks like a lot of products including the STRIKE PRO SE is on backorder because of all the delays with COVID-19.

STRIKE PARTS LIST

Offline Iggford

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 12:33:44 PM »
If you have a warranty (not sure how it works with "blemished" items, still technically new, isn't it?), you should definitely use it to your advantage and see if they can get you a replacement.  They may be able to get one out to you even with the kits being on backorder everywhere.

--
Shawn

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 06:49:03 AM »
  Thanks for the replies ALL. I've had tried countless time to get through to ALesis. The never answer the calls, and you can't leave a voicemail because their mailbox is full. I've also emailed a form for tech support.  NO REPLIES. Their customer service is non-existent!  Thanks for the link to Reverb tmk21315. That may be my best bet for now.  I currently removed the 16" Ride that doesn't work and am using one of the 3 crashes as a ride temporarily.