Author Topic: Drum-tec Sound addiction  (Read 581 times)

Drum-tec Sound addiction
« on: December 30, 2020, 04:17:47 PM »
Sorry if this topic has been covered before, but I'm new here and recently just purchase a Alesis Stike module with both Alesis and Roland pads. My question is I'd like to purchase the Drum-tec sound addiction, and just needed to know the step by step process to add it into the strike module. I'm assuming you download the file then copy it on to the SD card. So if anybody has experience with drum-tech sound addiction would love to have info. to add it on to the strike module.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Chaser

Re: Drum-tec Sound addiction
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 04:57:44 PM »
Sorry if this topic has been covered before, but I'm new here and recently just purchase a Alesis Stike module with both Alesis and Roland pads. My question is I'd like to purchase the Drum-tec sound addiction, and just needed to know the step by step process to add it into the strike module. I'm assuming you download the file then copy it on to the SD card. So if anybody has experience with drum-tech sound addiction would love to have info. to add it on to the strike module.
Thanks in advance.

They are just the .skt files...they are placed in the kit folder.
You just copy to the SD Card..

Just a heads up...
The Drum Tec Live and Acoustic kits are extremely old (2017) and do not contain any presets/kits for all the new kits/instruments from v1.4 and v1.5.
I know someone who recently purchased and they are still the kit files from 12/31/2017..`

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 07:03:37 PM »

They are just the .skt files...they are placed in the kit folder.
You just copy to the SD Card..

Just a heads up...
The Drum Tec Live and Acoustic kits are extremely old (2017) and do not contain any presets/kits for all the new kits/instruments from v1.4 and v1.5.
I know someone who recently purchased and they are still the kit files from 12/31/2017..`
[/quote]

Thank you for the info. and some what new to e-drumming so didn't know they were old files and again thanks for the heads up about it.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 08:40:59 PM »
They used to give these away when the STRIKE kit came out and you purchased a kit or module from them.
They released a new video when the STRIKE PRO SE came out and people in the comments started requesting separately..
They also criticized the kit in the comments suggesting buy Roland while promoting it in the video...

If you want really good users who focus on the STRIKE kit and not promoting their products there are a few good ones on youtube that share presets
like At The Source Studios (formerly SIREN-DRUMS)

One in particular that has spent a massive amount of time with the STRIKE kit is ALLEN LIND
Pay very special attention to the SHOW MORE drop down.. ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 08:52:28 PM by Chaser »