Author Topic: Best ecymbals?  (Read 2760 times)

Best ecymbals?
« on: December 29, 2010, 06:38:42 AM »
I need advice on who makes the best ecymbals and hi hats. I have been surfing around the www.... But it seems that every manufacturer brags about making the best.

Re: Best ecymbals?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 03:45:24 AM »
Bumping this one. To be more specific. I`m gonna by myself some new cymbals. But i want cymbals that is less hotspotting than alesis. And a hihat that i can put on a regular stand (pintech etc). Any advice?

Offline DeeDubs

Re: Best ecymbals?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »
It's a cheezy answer, but it really depends on your needs.. I like the feel of the surge cymbals, but many people complain that the stick noise is too loud. Those people should check out pads. Surges do have hotspotting (I think that any piezo based cymbal will have it), and do not currently have a two cymbal design for the hi-hat. Pintech has a dual hi-hat and I saw Zildjian will be jumping into the e-cymbal market shortly (check out the NAMM 2011 thread).

That's all the advice I can give.. I don't have any experience with anything other than surges for ecymbals..

Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com