Author Topic: DM10 Studio kit 4 weeks on stage  (Read 2726 times)

Offline atclen

DM10 Studio kit 4 weeks on stage
« on: November 14, 2010, 09:09:55 PM »
Hi

Just got a studio kit about 4 to 5 weeks ago. Have done some changes, (DIY) to the drums & Heads. Had a few problems , but work them out so far.  Tonite I found my DMPad 12 cymbal was cracked were the rubber stops on both sides all the other cymbals are fine and seem to be thicker in that one spot. When I'm playing I'm always thinking about not hitting the system hard because of it being e-drum and is not needed. I'm always checking the little screw on the cymbals and I always have to turn the DM10 off and back on sometimes, the system don't stop working just sounds funny and a power down and back up works great again . I also have a little problem with my tom If doing a fast roll it only plays the hard hits. If you hit it soft it will  work but when faster like dead spots. I'm gonig to change it with another pad and see if that is the problem. I dont think it is must be something I'm doing wrong in my setting I'm sure. Has any body had any warranty work or replacement  parts sent from alesis. I emailed them and never got a reply but one saying they were backed up and would email me soon that has been 5 weeks no reply. I also called service was in a "Q" that said 20 mins hold time, was on hold for 1.5 hrs no one ever picked up. I hope this is not the kind of service they are going to give us. If so I'm going to sell them. I like playing them on stage and just getting it to sound great in the mix but I hope they will last and hold up to the road. If not my wife is gioing to keel me !  ( Lead singer in Band )  LOL ! Thanks for letting me hang out and posting a few concerns and problems I'm having

Len
Alesis DM10 Studio Kit 8pc / USB-Midi Control Pad / 10 cymbal pads
Peavey Radial Pro 6pc Black Oil all Maple w/ K Zildjian & Paiste cymbals
60's Rogers 14" Maple snare / Ludwing 14" Chrome snare

Offline DeeDubs

Re: DM10 Studio kit 4 weeks on stage
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 11:01:06 PM »
Len,

Welcome to the forum.. I can make a few recommendations when from my gigging experience that may help some of your issues..

First, get your brain unit onto a separate stand, and off the rack. My unit used to go blank during a performance, and putting it on it's own stand has done a lot to take that away.. I had it happen to me only once during the last gig, and I think it's because my monitor was right next to it.

Secondly, the vibrations from a loud performance can wreak havoc on the triggering. Try to keep the bass rig and any subs FAR away from the kit. I tend to check the trigger indicators while the bass does soundcheck.. If I'm seeing anything light up, I up threshold level and retest the offending pad(s).. If we're cranked up, sometimes it's tough to get the sensitivity right. Another killer could be the crosstalk settings, which can cause as much problems as they solve.. but I'm not going to stir that worm drink tonight.

Anyways, hope my rambling helps..

~D
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Offline atclen

Re: DM10 Studio kit 4 weeks on stage
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 08:05:35 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the input that helps alot. Will make some changes
and see how it goes

Thanks Len
Alesis DM10 Studio Kit 8pc / USB-Midi Control Pad / 10 cymbal pads
Peavey Radial Pro 6pc Black Oil all Maple w/ K Zildjian & Paiste cymbals
60's Rogers 14" Maple snare / Ludwing 14" Chrome snare