Author Topic: My Newly Acquired Yamaha DTExtream Kit  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Trilogy72

My Newly Acquired Yamaha DTExtream Kit
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:15:16 PM »
Hi everyone! This is my first ever edrum kit. It’s an original Yamaha DTExtream kit (I think) with an additional 12” tom. I am using it with the standard module and with Steven Slate Drums or EZDrummer. I was given this by my church to practice on (they have a new Roland TD20). Unfortunately, I had to sell my 7 piece Tama Starclassic kit I invested about 5 grand on due to the economy and the fact that they were way too loud to play in the neighborhood I moved into. I am very grateful to my church for this gift! I am still learning about this kit but I have changed the heads to the Pearl Mesh heads on all the shells and moved the interior padding for better feel and response. I am VERY happy with this kit but do plan on changing out the high hat and cymbals soon. The response of the pads while using Steven Slate Software is AMAZING! Let me know what you think and if anyone has any info or advice on this module. Thanks
Yamaha DTXtreme - Pearl DR80 Drum Rack - Pearl Mesh Heads - Steven Slate Drums - EZdrummer - Presonus Studio One.

Offline Hellfire

Re: My Newly Acquired Yamaha DTExtream Kit
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 10:32:44 PM »
Hi everyone! This is my first ever edrum kit. It’s an original Yamaha DTExtream kit (I think) with an additional 12” tom. I am using it with the standard module and with Steven Slate Drums or EZDrummer. I was given this by my church to practice on (they have a new Roland TD20). Unfortunately, I had to sell my 7 piece Tama Starclassic kit I invested about 5 grand on due to the economy and the fact that they were way too loud to play in the neighborhood I moved into. I am very grateful to my church for this gift! I am still learning about this kit but I have changed the heads to the Pearl Mesh heads on all the shells and moved the interior padding for better feel and response. I am VERY happy with this kit but do plan on changing out the high hat and cymbals soon. The response of the pads while using Steven Slate Software is AMAZING! Let me know what you think and if anyone has any info or advice on this module. Thanks
Welcome to the forum Trilogy72. That is one good looking kit you have there. Thanks for sharing.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:55:58 AM »
I'm not a church guy but now I'd just see a miracle !

Have fun with your new edrumkit.
It looks really nice and if you add a couple of Surge cymbals, it would certainly looks even better.

Cheers

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 07:57:47 PM »
Very good looking kit.   I agree...  add some smarttrigger cyms and you'll be stage ready.  :)  (Probably look better than the TD20 kit at church.)

Have fun!

Offline Trilogy72

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:26:37 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys! Anyone have any experience with this kit?
Yamaha DTXtreme - Pearl DR80 Drum Rack - Pearl Mesh Heads - Steven Slate Drums - EZdrummer - Presonus Studio One.