Author Topic: Strange ride cymbal issue.....  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Wolfsong

Strange ride cymbal issue.....
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:17:54 PM »
I was cycling through some of the backing tracks, playing along and having a great time when suddenly and for no apparent reason my ride (surge) cymbal just stopped working.  Nada.  I checked the cables first, unplugged, re-plugged, and it didn't help.  Having been recording myself and working in a home studio since the 1960's (no, that's not a mis-type - my first recorder was a Telefunken 4 track reel-to-reel), I know to try simple FIRST.  Next simple, power the unit off and back on.  That did the trick, and the cymbal has worked fine since, but it worries me.  Anyone else had this problem? :o
Multi-instrumentalist.  I didn't even know there was a word for what I am.  Among other things.

Offline Guinness

Re: Strange ride cymbal issue.....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:43:40 PM »
Interesting.  Have you tried to get it to do it again...  replicate the circumstances as before?   

I haven't experienced that.

Having been recording myself and working in a home studio since the 1960's (no, that's not a mis-type - my first recorder was a Telefunken 4 track reel-to-reel),

What's a "Reel to Reel"?    :D    Just kidding.   I'm old too.  Just not THAT old.   ;D

Offline Wolfsong

Re: Strange ride cymbal issue.....
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »
Yep, old as dirt am I   ;D
Better to be as old as rather than under ;D  Anyway no, haven't tried to replicate it - since it's currently not broke, I decided not to fix it.  If it happens again though, I guess I'll have to do so.  Bummer.Ack, I didn't mean for everything to be italicized!
Multi-instrumentalist.  I didn't even know there was a word for what I am.  Among other things.