Author Topic: Windows 10 + Ableton Live 10 vs. Alexis DM10x (help!)  (Read 1567 times)

Windows 10 + Ableton Live 10 vs. Alexis DM10x (help!)
« on: August 28, 2019, 02:49:52 PM »
Hello,

I've searched far and wide on message boards, alesis chats, support pages and the like.

Windows 10 computer and Alesis DM10 are not talking anymore. Always worked the second I turned it on and plugged it in.

I'm using Ableton live 10, but I dont believe this is the issue, since it's not being recognized at a windows level according to the Device Manager, which only shows disabled versions of the device
(see photo https://ibb.co/C0RcjpV)

Have tried multiple usb cables and usb ports. Has taken no damage, has not moved, and nothing else is acting any different.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated! Brand new to the forum, so my apologies if this is the wrong area to post.

-Matt

Offline Chaser

Re: Windows 10 + Ableton Live 10 vs. Alexis DM10x (help!)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 01:35:45 PM »
Hello,

I've searched far and wide on message boards, alesis chats, support pages and the like.

Windows 10 computer and Alesis DM10 are not talking anymore. Always worked the second I turned it on and plugged it in.

I'm using Ableton live 10, but I dont believe this is the issue, since it's not being recognized at a windows level according to the Device Manager, which only shows disabled versions of the device
(see photo https://ibb.co/C0RcjpV)

Have tried multiple usb cables and usb ports. Has taken no damage, has not moved, and nothing else is acting any different.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated! Brand new to the forum, so my apologies if this is the wrong area to post.

-Matt
DM10 as most Alesis products are class compliant drivers
If it shows up in device manager Windows recognizes it.I don't see a conflict triangle etc,just 5 instances of inactive DM10.
I would right click "uninstall"each of those..connect the DM10 and see if it shows up again.
If it does and Ableton still doesn't see it,run MidiOX and see if MIDI data is present.
If it is then the issue isn't with Windows.

Re: Windows 10 + Ableton Live 10 vs. Alexis DM10x (help!)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 11:31:46 AM »
Have tried uninstalling each of them and it didn't show up again. Thoughts?

Offline Chaser

Re: Windows 10 + Ableton Live 10 vs. Alexis DM10x (help!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 02:52:35 PM »
Have tried uninstalling each of them and it didn't show up again. Thoughts?

It's odd to show so many instances in device manager...then none.
After uninstalling did you restart the computer to complete the uninstall process?
Then connect the DM10.
If you have another computer/tablet etc see if connecting the DM10 has the same result.
If it shows up on another computer this will help rule out if the module developed an issue/problem.
If it doesn't show up on a different computer you may want to do a factory reset.
You could try backing up your settings if you want to save them but you may not be able to.
You have 3 options of what you want to reset or you can reset the whole module.

There are two ways to reset the DM10 for future reference I'll post both.

To fully restore the module to original factory settings, hold the EXIT and STORE  buttons while powering on the module.

To reset only the kits, sequences, or trigger settings:

Press UTILITY to enter the main Utility Menu.
Press SYS (F4) to access the Accompaniment Settings.
Press INIT (F2) to access the reinitialization page.
Use CURSOR UP/DOWN to move through the following menu items:
All Kits: All of the module’s kits and their settings will return to factory default
All Sequences: All of the module’s sequences and their settings will return to factory default
All Trigger Settings: All of the module’s trigger settings will return to factory default
Highlight the option you would like to reset, then press EXEC (F4).
A window will appear asking you to confirm your choice. To confirm and reinitialize the selected settings, press YES (F1). To Cancel, press CANCEL (F2 or F2).