Author Topic: Strike module metronome  (Read 741 times)

Strike module metronome
« on: January 13, 2023, 12:00:49 PM »
Anyone else have issues with the metronome on their strike module not working?  the tempo button is flashing and no matter what I press I never hear a metronome.  I'm really having strong doubts that the Strike is Alesis' best module.  I really think I like my DM10 module better.

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike module metronome
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 12:52:06 PM »
Anyone else have issues with the metronome on their strike module not working?  the tempo button is flashing and no matter what I press I never hear a metronome.  I'm really having strong doubts that the Strike is Alesis' best module.  I really think I like my DM10 module better.

Works fine on all my STRIKE modules..

Under UTILITY >METRO...
You can change the metronome sound, time signature, and volume levels.
You can assign different articulations ((2)Woodblocks..(2) Cowbells..or a Shaker) for MEASURE SND..BEAT SND..and SUBD SND.
Set output..MAIN..HPH..MAIN & HPH..
PRESS ON/OFF on the Module Under METRO....
You can adjust the BPM by holding down TEMPO with your left hand and spin the DATA wheel.
You'll see the BPM change on the Kit screen.

Strike Pro Performance Drum Module - User Guide v1.5

EDIT:
Added link
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 06:19:45 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 01:25:00 PM »
Thanks.  It seems having the output set to HDP (what's this btw?) vs either of the main options, was causing me not to hear anything through my amp.

Joker47

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 01:48:13 PM »
When I use the built in metronome, I never have any sound in my headphones, but just watch the light blink for timing.

Regards,
J

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 06:39:28 PM »
Thanks.  It seems having the output set to HDP (what's this btw?) vs either of the main options, was causing me not to hear anything through my amp.

HPH = Head Phone

The Module Manual shows Hdph..which is incorrect..it may have been during one of the earlier Firmware versions , you can also enable (ON/OFF) the Tap tempo button and use it by itself but the selection is erratic..

To adjust the tempo of the metronome, do one of the following:
Press Metro > Tempo at least 3 times at the desired rate.
Press and hold Metro > Tempo, and then turn the data dial to select a new tempo.

I put in a request years ago to turn off the annoying blinking light when Tempo is not used .either link it to the ON/OFF or link to the enable option in the menu...never happened.
The lowest BPM = 30..(Highest = 300) so you can't even turn the BPM to zero.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 06:48:03 PM by Chaser »