Author Topic: Stand Options for Alesis CompactKit7  (Read 4789 times)

Stand Options for Alesis CompactKit7
« on: July 27, 2019, 06:36:18 AM »
Hi there all!

So I'm now the proud owner of a Alesis CompactKit 7 and loving it - however, I'm trying to find out if there may be a stand that will fit the kit. I've found the NJS Drum Controller Stand Holder as a possibility - but it appears to be out of stock everywhere I look.

Anyone have any suggestions for stands that are suitable for this kit??

Many thanks!

Y

Offline Chaser

Re: Stand Options for Alesis CompactKit7
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 12:50:19 PM »
These are rebranded Medeli DD315..
Since they are designed for desktop and small (500mm , 20") You could probably use a laptop stand,studio monitor stand , sheet music stand etc and put velcro on the back to hold in place..
All depends on your budget as you can end up spending more on the stand than what the CompactKit7 cost..

Examples
Cheap laptop stand 28-46" adjustment
Expensive MEINL
Better manual than the Alesis User Guide
Medeli DD315
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:30:09 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 12:52:30 PM »
Ah okay, awesome.

Thank you buddy!

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 10:21:39 AM »
Since they are designed for desktop and small (500mm , 20") You could probably use a laptop stand,studio monitor stand , sheet music stand etc and put velcro on the back to hold in place..
All depends on your budget as you can end up spending more on the stand than what the CompactKit7 cost..

Examples
Expensive MEINL
Medeli DD315
hello, the alesis compactkit 7 has 4 feet in the angles, with a stand like that for a laptop that has a centering balance, the energy of hitting in the alesis will pass through the center ot through the 4 angles?

velcro is impossible to install because there are feets

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 02:47:53 PM »

Examples
Expensive MEINL
Medeli DD315
hello, the alesis compactkit 7 has 4 feet in the angles, with a stand like that for a laptop that has a centering balance, the energy of hitting in the alesis will pass through the center ot through the 4 angles?

Laptop trays have a lip to prevent anything with feet from sliding off..which is why it was suggested for a tabletop kit. If you want to dampen the laptop tray more than just the rubber feet use a thin sheet of EVA foam.If you can find the size you'll need it will be cheaper than a percussion Table.There are many Percussion Tables on the market for example Gibraltar 7615 - Large Percussion Table...
As far as "Centering Balance" stands using a Tripod are the same way...Rolands..Gibraltar etc..If it's good enough for large multipads.. Roland  SPD's,Alesis STRIKE etc it can probably handle handle a Compact 7..
They are all similar in size , it's just a matter of centering the mounting..

Example:
Compact 7

Dimensions (width x depth x height)
19.7" x 14.6" x 6.2"
500 mm x 370 mm x 157 mm
Weight 7.3 lbs.
3.3 kg

STRIKE Multipad

13.75" x 14" x 3"
349.25 x 355.6 x 76.2 mm

Weight
8.5 lbs.
3.85 kg

You can use Velcro..You don't take a sheet and cover the entire bottom.been using it for  mounting Drum Module mounts to anything and everything including 25/49 and even 61 key keyboards for years.There is a point when Hardware gets to be wide and you need to use Industrial Velcro which gets to the point it's stronger the the Hardware it's mounted to and hard to remove.You can also use thicker "loop" or substitute carpet on hardware that has feet that can't be removed..all depends on the Velcro and the Hook/Loop.There are many Kicker pedals with extreme Velcro Hook..there is also "Dual Lock"
I have also used Studio monitor Floor stands and velcro for Tabletop Electronics/equipment..consoles..mixers ...some are weighted while others can be filled with weight..sand bags etc, also seen snare stands,modified stools, etc used for tabletop drums.
Use your imagination as it depends depends on application..seated as you would be at a kit,standing..mounted to a kit..etc etc

EDIT:
Added pics
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 06:55:14 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 12:44:14 PM »

Examples
Expensive MEINL
Medeli DD315

Laptop trays have a lip to prevent anything with feet from sliding off..which is why it was suggested for a tabletop kit. If you want to dampen the laptop tray more than just the rubber feet use a thin sheet of EVA foam.If you can find the size you'll need it will be cheaper than a percussion Table.There are many Percussion Tables on the market for example Gibraltar 7615 - Large Percussion Table...
As far as "Centering Balance" stands using a Tripod are the same way...Rolands..Gibraltar etc..If it's good enough for large multipads.. Roland  SPD's,Alesis STRIKE etc it can probably handle handle a Compact 7..
They are all similar in size , it's just a matter of centering the mounting..

Example:
Compact 7

19.7" x 14.6" x 6.2"
500 mm x 370 mm x 157 mm
Weight 7.3 lbs.
3.3 kg

STRIKE Multipad

13.75" x 14" x 3"
349.25 x 355.6 x 76.2 mm

Weight
8.5 lbs.
3.85 kg

You can use Velcro..You don't take a sheet and cover the entire bottom.been using it for  mounting Drum Module mounts to anything and everything including 25/49 and even 61 key keyboards for years.There is a point when Hardware gets to be wide and you need to use Industrial Velcro which gets to the point it's stronger the the Hardware it's mounted to and hard to remove.You can also use thicker "loop" or substitute carpet on hardware that has feet that can't be removed..all depends on the Velcro and the Hook/Loop.There are many Kicker pedals with extreme Velcro Hook..there is also "Dual Lock"
I have also used Studio monitor Floor stands and velcro for Tabletop Electronics/equipment..consoles..mixers ...some are weighted while others can be filled with weight..sand bags etc, also seen snare stands,modified stools, etc used for tabletop drums.
Use your imagination as it depends depends on application..seated as you would be at a kit,standing..mounted to a kit..etc etc

EDIT:
Added pics
at the moment i bought this for 26euro https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B077V2VC7P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
the problem is that at the angle there is movement of that table
is better this solution https://www.amazon.it/Vangoa-treppiede-rullante-supporto-leggero/dp/B07CZBVV79/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=3FKGKEU4UW5EK&keywords=Supporto+per+rullante&qid=1665765527&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjg2IiwicXNhIjoiMy4yNCIsInFzcCI6IjIuODIifQ%3D%3D&s=musical-instruments&sprefix=supporto+per+rullante+%2Cmi%2C96&sr=1-4 ?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2022, 01:37:46 PM »
The link was only for reference of an example for a laptop stand..nowhere does it say you have to buy it or what is better or worse .
That is up to the user and actual application it's being used for.
The link to the product advertised shows a "stop"..whether or not it is actually included is the responsibility of the seller.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 07:56:47 AM »
The link was only for reference of an example for a laptop stand..nowhere does it say you have to buy it or what is better or worse .
The link to the product advertised shows a "stop"..whether or not it is actually included is the responsibility of the seller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SvdFJXD-zg
this stand seem perfect, but don't know what is
do you know?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 12:40:57 PM »
do you know?

If that is the application you are looking for and based on the Compakt 7 dimensions  which is basically 20 x 15 you could find a used drum rack cheap and either purchase Mixer/keyboard/laptop arms like the Gibraltar SC-GEMC or a use rack clamps/ couple module mounts and velcro to the Compakt 7.
Majority of the drum racks are 31.5" for the uprights and 24" for the front crossbar.Use a couple T-legs for stability and you won't need the side crossbars/uprights it will also raise it up to 33-34" and plenty of room for pedals.It all depends on your budget.

You could also use an Audio Mixer Stand..there are many configurations..cheaper ones aren't as adjustable..attached a couple examples.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 01:10:01 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2022, 02:55:30 PM »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Drum-Controller-Stand-Holder/dp/B00FK7Q9IU
i also found this that is specific for this alesis!

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022, 04:21:42 PM »
do you know?

If that is the application you are looking for and based on the Compakt 7 dimensions  which is basically 20 x 15 you could find a used drum rack cheap and either purchase Mixer/keyboard/laptop arms like the Gibraltar SC-GEMC or a use rack clamps/ couple module mounts and velcro to the Compakt 7.
Majority of the drum racks are 31.5" for the uprights and 24" for the front crossbar.Use a couple T-legs for stability and you won't need the side crossbars/uprights it will also raise it up to 33-34" and plenty of room for pedals.It all depends on your budget.

You could also use an Audio Mixer Stand..there are many configurations..cheaper ones aren't as adjustable..attached a couple examples.

can't find all these in europe :(

Offline Chaser

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2022, 04:25:58 PM »
The stand you posted is currently unavailable in the US..
There isn't a specific stand for Alesis or Alesis would have one branded...these are rebranded Medeli DD315..there are a few companies that sell them..Alesis,Pyle,Spectrum etc etc..here in the US..there may be more in Europe.
Companies specify color etc etc..whether or not they all have the same firmware/sounds is another story.*

SPECTRUM AIL 602

Walmart sells the Spectrum bundle with (looks to be same stand you posted) stand and stool..

I couldn't find more info for the Spectrum.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 09:31:53 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 04:27:09 PM »
The stand you posted is currently unavailable in the US..
There isn't a specific stand for Alesis or Alesis would have one branded...these are rebranded Medeli DD315..there are a few companies that sell them..Alesis,Pyle,Spectrum etc etc..here in the US..there may be more in Europe.
Companies specify color etc etc..whether or not they all have the same firmware/sounds is another story but the descriptions I have read have the same numbers.

PYLE PRO PTED01

SPECTRUM

Walmart sells the Spectrum bundle with what (looks to be same stand you posted) stand and stool..
i'm not from US, i'm from italy

Offline Chaser

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2022, 04:36:58 PM »
i'm not from US, i'm from italy

I am not familiar with everything in the European market..there are territories for selling retail and products that you may get there..and not here..and vice versa also rebranded under different Brands names.A lot of older Alesis kits/design is sold as Millenium.
I also don't know if there is a local used market like Craigslist here in the US.
Check the Drumshack in the UK..they carry new and used or 2nd hand drum gear..may have used E-Drum rack..they also carry the Gibraltar SC-GEMC.. and show it mounted on a similar rack setup I was describing above.

Alesis Compact Kit 7
265 Voices...45 Preset Kits...100 Preset Songs (80 looped songs/20 fixed-length songs) and 5 User Kits

PYLEPRO PTED01
215 Percussion Voices..128 GM Voices...25 Preset Drum Kits..100 Songs and 5 User Kits

SPECTRUM AIL 602
215 Voices, 20 Preset Kits, 100 Preset Songs and 10 User Kits..

The Spectrum is based on the Medeli DD305..the Alesis and Pyle are based on the..Medeli DD315..
Identical but different Firmware...like the Alesis Drum Kits..same modules different firmware.
The Voice DATA for the DD315 is double (16M bytes) the DD305 (8M bytes)

I couldn't find much info about the Spectrum other than old reviews showing it was sold in 2010 by Spectrum Diversified which has nothing to do with musical gear.

The Pyle manual doesn't match the product description and is basically an earlier copy of the DD315 manual
"50 preset drum kits
260+ percussion voices and 128 GM voices, 16M bytes voice data
100 Pre-Loaded songs (includes 80 styles and 20 songs)"

Both of the manuals suggest an additional GM section.."and 128 GM Voices"..but I did not see a "GM mode" in any of the manuals and the Voice descriptions show a number of "GM" names ..probably should read "includes 128 GM Voices" as if there were additional.. the Voice counts would be closer to 400 using the numbers provided in the manuals.There are also 128 Backing Voices in General MIDI (Attached)

Medeli DD305
25 preset drum kits,5 user drum kits.
215 percussion voices and 128 GM voices, 8M bytes voice data
100 songs (include 80 styles and 20 songs)

Medeli DD315
45 preset drum kits,5 user drum kits.
265 percussion voices and 128 GM voices, 16M bytes voice data
100 songs (include 80 styles and 20 songs)

*EDIT:
Added more links/info including comparison
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 08:52:51 AM by Chaser »