Author Topic: Strike Editor - VERY SLOW!  (Read 1718 times)

Strike Editor - VERY SLOW!
« on: February 24, 2020, 09:59:13 PM »
When i bring up the strike editor, it sits at the scanning stage for a good 10 minutes or so before I can start editing.   From there, I also very slow.  In the manual it describes the scanning time "as a few moments".   Even before I had a lot of samples it took forever. It was also extremely when I would import samples over the usb.  Now, I take the SDcard and put in my computer and copy directly so save time on that step.   Does anyone else experience this slowness?  Thinking I might possible have a bad/error riddled usb connection on my module but not sure.  Also it would be very nice to be able to specify where your SDcard is and be able to access it directly on the computer rather than force us to use it in the module while performing edit tasks.  That would be SO MUCH FASTER assuming the strike is just slow in this area.... Anyway, again, anyone have speed issues with editor?  OH... I've tried on both my desktop and laptop and no difference so its definitely something to do with the Strike Editor SW.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 10:10:28 PM by ailind »

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike Editor - VERY SLOW!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 11:41:56 AM »
When i bring up the strike editor, it sits at the scanning stage for a good 10 minutes or so before I can start editing.   From there, I also very slow.  In the manual it describes the scanning time "as a few moments".   Even before I had a lot of samples it took forever. It was also extremely when I would import samples over the usb.  Now, I take the SDcard and put in my computer and copy directly so save time on that step.   Does anyone else experience this slowness?  Thinking I might possible have a bad/error riddled usb connection on my module but not sure.  Also it would be very nice to be able to specify where your SDcard is and be able to access it directly on the computer rather than force us to use it in the module while performing edit tasks.  That would be SO MUCH FASTER assuming the strike is just slow in this area.... Anyway, again, anyone have speed issues with editor?  OH... I've tried on both my desktop and laptop and no difference so its definitely something to do with the Strike Editor SW.

The editor is a "hardware required" type.I think InMusic decided to use the Avid model like theEleven rack etc.
The editor was slow in previous module OS versions but seems to have developed more bugs since as it hasn't been updated for couple of years other than a minor bug fix (1.1.2) since initial release of the module updates.
The SD card used to be recognized as removable media in Windows,now is recognized as USB drive.
Since v1.5 came out I have also noticed more slowing and when you save a User Kit the editor disconnects every time and you get popups warning to wait for hardware reconnect and rescan.
I also get a lot of STRIKE EDITOR "not responding"and High CPU usage/spikes especially during initial loading sample files..Kit mode instrument preview and auto mapping...granted I am using an older quad core 4GB RAM laptop at times at a kit and it isn't a high end one , but the editor is 32 bit and assisted by hardware so you shouldn't need much.
I also believe the last couple updates with new instruments/content being 24bit stereo has practically killed the layering for the kits.
I read a lot of complaints of "Kit too large" and only when adding a second layer to one instrument puts it over and cymbals are choking/cutting off etc
The newer kits are already close or at the 200mb limit with a single layer.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 01:48:26 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 10:20:20 PM »
Well glad it isn't just me...   As for kit too large.... I create and play them anyway and to be honest, other than a few additional seconds of loading while playing, the kits still play fine...   The whole kit too large needs more explanation and I hope they don't "break it" where it won;' work at all in future updates or better yet, fix it!  I've created a lot of lkits from Slate and others using SDSE still at 16 bit and they sound pretty damn good and again, KTL msg, but plays fine...

Offline Iggford

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 11:11:08 AM »
I think they actually made it work regardless of the KTL message.  If I remember correctly, it wouldn't let you load in a kit over the 200mb limit, but in either the 1.3 or 1.4 update, they removed the limit.  The message still comes up, but other than the loading time (which is still much faster than the standard loading time used to be!!), there's not really any noticeable difference in sound that I can find.  One of my main stage kits triggers the message, and I have no issues with it at all.

--
Shawn