Author Topic: New Drummer  (Read 1275 times)

New Drummer
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:18:23 PM »
Figured I'd make my first post ...

I nabbed a Crimson kit on sale at GC as a Christmas present to myself  :P (and some new guitar pickups)

It's my first ever drum kit, electronic or acoustic. I've been wanting to drum for over a decade (I'm a typical steering wheel drummer, table top drummer, lap, etc.) but just never went for it. Really upset that I didn't start sooner. I've been loving the kit so far and I'm 4 weeks into lessons with a local instructor. When I first started looking, I had my eyes on the Forge due to cost of entry but I knew that this was going to be something that I stick with for sure so I wanted a kit I could grow into a bit and after reading about mesh heads, I talked myself up to the Crimson. Cross shopped the DM10 a bit but decided I wanted the Crimson. (It's soooooo purdy too)

It's been a great kit with no issues so far. I downloaded the 10-day free trial of EZDrummer and that has been great to play with. Now I'm just trying to decide between EZD2 or SD2.0. Seems like SD supports some things that EZD doesn't? (Cymbal choking?) But I am finding a lot that I'll just put the module on Acoustic01 and just go to town with that. I kinda like how it sounds.

Already contacted Alesis and ordered the hardware needed to add a 2nd crash cymbal.

Anyways, that's all I guess. Can't wait to get out of work and get some practice time in tonight.

-Tom
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs