Author Topic: DM10 Voices Videos  (Read 10598 times)

Offline Guinness

Re: DM10 Voices Videos
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
I just added annotations (kit names) to the videos.  I haven't even had my first cup of coffee yet.   My wife thinks I'm obsessing and I'm narcassitic (posting myself on youtube). LOL

Offline goony

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »
I will definately look at the Videos Guiness when I get home from work, as our onboard ship company network blocks youtube access...

KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275

Offline Guinness

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 02:02:56 AM »
Posted new video.  Link is on the first page of this thread.

kits 012 - 023

also, i start off with my custom kit 104.   Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:13:42 AM by Guinness »

Offline Pier

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 12:52:48 PM »
Wow! THANK YOUUUUU !!!
A sample of the various sounds was just what I was looking for  :o

Thanks so much man for the great work done!

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 01:13:47 PM »
Guinness,

Great job on these.. I wish these were around two weeks ago when I was waiting to pull the trigger on the DM10. Thankfully I took a leap of faith, and while it is a turbulent time adjusting to a new e-kit, I feel I made a good choice overall. Hopefully soon I'll record a vid on how to use musix and an old pc or laptop as a midi controlled drum sampler for an e-kit. I got it running over the weekend..

BTW How are your cymbal and hi-hat issues going? I am looking to tweak these a bit more since my crash cymbal seems to be suffering from 'premature e-chokulation.' I posted in another thread http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=167.30 on this one.

Keep on rockin..

~D~
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 05:05:52 PM »
great job on the videos g!
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

Offline Guinness

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 07:28:08 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys.   Any thoughts on my custom "104" kit?

Offline Guinness

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 01:42:21 PM »
Gee, thanks for the feedback on "kit 104".   :P

I'm just kidding.  No biggy.   I did another video last night.  10 minutes of playing = 3 hours of editing/video creation.  Pretty time consuming, so this will probably be my last "kit voices" video.  I should be able to upload it tonight.  Although, now that I think about it, maybe I'll do one more and just skip around for the last 57 kits (as opposed to each individual kit).

On a good note, so far I've had 200+ views of video #1.  That very well could be driving folks to this forum.  The more the merrier.  :D

Offline H3RB

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
does the dm10 have a built in metronome? if so would it be possible to do a video with it in? as i dont have a metronome and use one from my mobile phone and its a pain wearing 2 pairs of ear phones lol.

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »
Gee, thanks for the feedback on "kit 104".   :P

OK I'll bite.

For one, you convinced me to get a second crash :P

Pretty good sounding kit - sounds like a wooden snare.. very dry
I like your cymbal choices!

It was hard to discern any noticeable fx and reverb from the recording - is this straight from the mains?

keep it up!

~D~

BTW what did you use for the intro/outro music?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:22:27 PM by DeeDubs »
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 02:19:23 PM »
does the dm10 have a built in metronome?

yes it does.  I might be able to include that; as well as some Sequences. 

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 02:20:12 PM »
does the dm10 have a built in metronome? if so would it be possible to do a video with it in? as i dont have a metronome and use one from my mobile phone and its a pain wearing 2 pairs of ear phones lol.

yes it does.. no second pair of headphones here ;)

Offline ungoliant

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »
i have post a link of your videos in the Freedrumlessons forum in a topic about the alesis DM10 (huge drum community there) (and hellfire's video review too)  ;)

Offline Guinness

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 02:23:03 PM »
It was hard to discern any noticeable fx and reverb from the recording - is this straight from the mains?

Yes, out of the mains.  Recorded with Adobe Audition 1.5, the dubbed into Adobe Premier for the video.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 02:29:57 PM »
i have post a link of your videos in the Freedrumlessons forum in a topic about the alesis DM10 (huge drum community there) (and hellfire's video review too)  ;)

Coolness. thanks.

does the dm10 have a built in metronome?

yes it does.  I might be able to include that; as well as some Sequences. 

Actually, now that I think about it, I think the metronome only comes through the headphones and not the mains.  I'll have to look into it to confirm.

For one, you convinced me to get a second crash :P

Pretty good sounding kit - sounds like a wooden snare.. very dry
I like your cymbal choices!

BTW what did you use for the intro/outro music?

2nd crash is key.  I bought that the same week I purchased the kit.  I still want a few more crashes.

Ya, i really like that snare.  I forget which one it is, but it is copied from one of the kits.   Re: the cymbals.. its the "Z" series.  I flipping love the sound of them!  I'm not a huge fan of the ride, or hi-hat, but he crashes are fan-f'ing-tastic, imo.

Intro/outro music is from the demo buttons.  I think it's the 6th or 7th demo file.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 02:21:56 AM »
Next set of kits loaded.  Link is on the first page of this thread.

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 03:02:01 AM »
There are a few really good sounding kits in there, and a few stinkers too (and a whole lot in between). I'm still on the fence on whether I like it or not as a sound module.

What percentage of the preset kits do you really like, Guinness?

Offline Guinness

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
There are a few really good sounding kits in there, and a few stinkers too (and a whole lot in between). I'm still on the fence on whether I like it or not as a sound module.

What percentage of the preset kits do you really like, Guinness?

Good question perfessor, but I don't know if I can answer it.  I've been enjoying playing all the kits for the video, as it forces me to play 'em.  But before that, I would usually just skip through most of them, and mostly play custom kits.  I usually play with songs on my ipod.  Mostly rock.  Some country.  And, while all bands have different sounding drums, I'm too lazy to try to create or pick a kit to match a particular band, and just play a the custom kit I like.  I've only had this for about a month, so I'm still figuring things out.

Depending on what you plan to play, I think there are a lot of really good voices in this kit.  Further, with the 3rd party kits due out sometime in the not-too-distant future, I suspect voice options will improve.

For the money, its voices and tweakability (capabilities) make for a really good value.  Hard to pass that up.

Offline goony

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 01:12:25 PM »
well finally home from work, nice vids G....

Gives you a good idea how the module sounds...
KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275

Offline Pier

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »
well finally home from work, nice vids G....

Gives you a good idea how the module sounds...

Same for me; just back home from work...
Thanks for posting - that was very useful

Offline Guinness

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2010, 02:52:03 AM »
Earlier this evening I ran through the remaining 47 kits, and there's a lot more to still show.  So, i figured I'd do one last video, and squeeze in as much as I can in the alotted 10 minutes.   There are some good sounding kits in the remaining 47.

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2010, 08:04:42 AM »
Some of my 'non drum' favs are the comedy fx and vocal drums.. always great to get a reaction from folks.

Whenever anyone asks to play my kit I put one of those on.. :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:26:34 AM by DeeDubs »

Offline ghostman

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2010, 11:57:07 AM »
I just watched the first 4 vids.. good job, Guiness!

The 043 kit sounded like a good one to end on.  Now, I need to light a fire under Alesis' butt so that my module gets to me.  RMC says their shipment is on the way..
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline H3RB

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »
any eta on the last vid/vids. waiting for my studio kit is driving me crazy lol

Offline Guinness

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2010, 10:20:56 PM »
any eta on the last vid/vids. waiting for my studio kit is driving me crazy lol

I'm not sure when I'll get to it.  Busy week.

Plus I'm considering sending back the hi-hat pedal; and I'm waiting for a new snare head.  So...