Author Topic: New buiid!  (Read 4250 times)

Offline ghostman

New buiid!
« on: March 11, 2010, 09:48:43 PM »
Okay, I've spent the last 9 or so months (maybe longer) doing some new e-shells.
I built 8" toms - a total of 8 of them (but I'm only using 5 of them), 2 18" bass drums, and a 13" snare.  All wrapped in a cheap copper metallic looking wrap, I might re-do the wrap at a later date, but it looks good for now.

I am using the pintech cymbals I bought a while back, and I got a new set of the new pintech hi-hats with the controller between the cymbals.  I am still waiting on my new Alesis DM10, so I am using the Trigger I|O and Steven Slate Drums (the $20 deal - woooot!).  I've officially retired the KORG keyboard as a MIDI sound source.
here's the full-on blog posting (If you don't want to read the blog posting, pictures are following):
http://jghostman.blogspot.com/2010/03/2009-2010-e-kit.html
Pics!!!
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Guinness

Re: New buiid!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:51:01 PM »
Looks awesome!

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 11:48:25 AM »
Very nicely done, my kids like them also :P

Offline ghostman

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 11:36:03 PM »
You've got great kids! lol.  Thanks.  I need to still clean up the cable spaghetti, but it's getting there.  I still need to finish making 18" mesh heads for the rear of the drums.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 06:16:20 PM »
nice kit!!!! youd make bobby rock proud
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

Offline Guinness

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 07:49:41 PM »
Ever think of painting the rack black?  Or a bright fire red?  Or whatever...  Probably too late now, especially since you put it all back together.

just a thought.

Offline Bobby@NEMS

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 04:24:35 PM »
That setup looks pretty sweet :-)

Bobby D.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 01:25:24 PM »
Ever think of painting the rack black?  Or a bright fire red?  Or whatever...  Probably too late now, especially since you put it all back together.

just a thought.

I actually picked the strut based on the color.  Strut comes in a few colors - depending on manufacturer.  Unistrut has a green coating on it.  B-line is a silver color.  The Super Strut I picked had 2 or 3 finish options.  Never thought about painting it, because I like it this way.. but maybe I'll get sick of it.

I think I'd have to powder coat it to get color to stick..