Author Topic: Cowbell  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Guinness

Cowbell
« on: October 22, 2020, 03:12:32 PM »
In the past, I probably knew the answer, but can't remember.

I added a cowbell to my snare rim on my DM10 Pro.  I can't get Dynamic Articulation to turn off.  So, if I hit it softer, I get a different sound that if I hit it harder (faster). Tone completely changes.  How do I stop that?  Like I said, I don't remember.

Thanks!

-Guinness

Offline Chaser

Re: Cowbell
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 03:31:26 PM »
In the past, I probably knew the answer, but can't remember.

I added a cowbell to my snare rim on my DM10 Pro.  I can't get Dynamic Articulation to turn off.  So, if I hit it softer, I get a different sound that if I hit it harder (faster). Tone completely changes.  How do I stop that?  Like I said, I don't remember.

Thanks!

-Guinness

Under Instruments>MORE...

;)
Alesis DM10 Dynamic Articulation

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 03:12:00 PM »
Haha...  that's my video.

The thing is there's nothing is on B.

I'll mess with it more.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 03:34:20 PM »
Hey John, was re-watching your video since it got brought back up, cool stuff.. I'd never gotten around to trying two different voicings using velocity sensing/filtering.. now I know what I'm messing with this weekend, hahaha.. but hey, so I watched your covers as well, and was wondering (I think you probably already told us), did you spray paint your cymbals gold... or at least the ones that aren't the metal versions (think you said you had the metal ones in there or on another kit).. they look so cool, with the Alesis name in black. If you did paint them, how do they hold up? Does it start to fleck off quickly or last a couple months looking all shiny? Tempting.. tempting..  :)   Alan
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Guinness

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 04:14:20 PM »
Hey John, was re-watching your video since it got brought back up, cool stuff.. I'd never gotten around to trying two different voicings using velocity sensing/filtering.. now I know what I'm messing with this weekend, hahaha.. but hey, so I watched your covers as well, and was wondering (I think you probably already told us), did you spray paint your cymbals gold... or at least the ones that aren't the metal versions (think you said you had the metal ones in there or on another kit).. they look so cool, with the Alesis name in black. If you did paint them, how do they hold up? Does it start to fleck off quickly or last a couple months looking all shiny? Tempting.. tempting..  :)   Alan

That video is a blast from the past.  Nope I didn't paint the cymbals.  That's how they came in a DM10 Pro kit back then.  I've since then added my acoustic cymbals to the mix... 2 crashes, ride, and china.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 12:32:36 AM »
set Vel is -99 where I could and still I have a variable sounding cowbell.   Kinda frustrating actually.   If someone has figured this out, please let me know.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 10:33:53 AM »
set Vel is -99 where I could and still I have a variable sounding cowbell.   Kinda frustrating actually.   If someone has figured this out, please let me know.

Maybe you did the Pseudo Three Zone Triggering trick?

Offline korakios

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 05:52:53 PM »
Just set velocity to pitch to zero :)

Offline Guinness

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »
Quote: Just set velocity to pitch to zero

I tried that first.  Still variable.

Offline korakios

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 06:32:50 PM »
Quote: Just set velocity to pitch to zero

I tried that first.  Still variable.

Probably pitch or filter to velocity ,it would help to upload some photos with the sound settings.