Author Topic: What's up everyone...new guy here.  (Read 2274 times)

What's up everyone...new guy here.
« on: July 04, 2012, 03:39:53 PM »
A little about myself...I have been playing guitar for just over 20yrs..was in a few bands in my younger years, but after awhile I just fell out of the music. I sold all my gear except for one old acoustic guitar and just settled into life. You know the usual...career, wife (no kids) and after about 12yrs I got the itch again. But I soon learned that everything took a huge turn to the digital age...I started off by buying a new acoustic /electric guitar and a small practice amp. Then I started researching all the fancy new computer based products and I started creating my own mini studio. So now I have what I would consider a fairly inexpensive little set up. I was missing something...drums...so I went out and bought a MPD18 midi (Steven Slate edition) and started using that to make my drum tracks...but it was missing something...the raw feeling of actually hitting something besides a button. I started researching the heck out of edrums...and I came up with the best kit that would do what I wanted and would fit in my the second bedroom of my apt. I came up with the DM6, it's going to allow me to use my StevenSlate software to expand on the kits and sound. I ordered it on Sunday and just got an email that it was backordered, so no clue when I'll get it now...But I am looking forward to getting it and looking forward to getting to know the group here....I'm sure I'll have some questions. Thanks for reading and sorry for the long winded intro.

Guitar tracks on DM10
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 08:39:13 PM »
Hi I'm new here and was just wondering how to get guitar recordings on DM10. I'm borrowing the kit from a friend and don't have a user's manual, but that's not the main problem. I know how to get bass and synth bass tracks on a recording, but guitar is not an option. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Offline rhysT

Re: Guitar tracks on DM10
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 07:06:10 AM »
Hi I'm new here and was just wondering how to get guitar recordings on DM10. I'm borrowing the kit from a friend and don't have a user's manual, but that's not the main problem. I know how to get bass and synth bass tracks on a recording, but guitar is not an option. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

If you are trying to generate guitar sounds with the DM10 sequencer, check out some info in this topic:
https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=7550.msg50549#msg50549