Commons > Sight & Sound

Had to upgrade my bass pedal. Trick Pro1-V. I am plum crazy.

(1/2) > >>

Purpledc:
Well, I ordered a CNC pedal from china and it sucked beyond sucking.  So I decided my favorite holiday is Halloween.  My favorite color has always been purple. So, always unable to decide between a Trick or Treat,  I just decided to Treat myself to a Trick.  Smoothest pedal I have ever played.

AlanK:
Ah, now the name is making sense! Woah! Those pedals are friggin' incredible! Terminator, Rise of the Double Kick Pedals  :)

Absolutely stunning, your setup is amazing and those pedals rock big time.. well done, sir, well done!

Ellis:
Nice!!!
I bought my previous bass pedals in the early 80’s, boy-o-boy have things changed! I think my Tama Titan pedals were around $40-$50 US each. I’d love to try something like that sometime.

Purpledc:

--- Quote from: AlanK on September 10, 2018, 03:09:41 PM ---Ah, now the name is making sense! Woah! Those pedals are friggin' incredible! Terminator, Rise of the Double Kick Pedals  :)

Absolutely stunning, your setup is amazing and those pedals rock big time.. well done, sir, well done!

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Yeah, purple has always been my favorite color. And Purpledc actually stands for a purple DC400 carvin guitar I had made.  It stuck ever since.   This thing has been a lot of fun to put together. 

--- Quote from: Ellis on September 10, 2018, 06:50:56 PM ---Nice!!!
I bought my previous bass pedals in the early 80’s, boy-o-boy have things changed! I think my Tama Titan pedals were around $40-$50 US each. I’d love to try something like that sometime.

--- End quote ---

Yeah. Truth be told they are WAYYYY above anything I could utilize.  But I have a soft spot for CNC machining and anything purple.  A $50 dollar pedal is probably all I should have considering my skill level.

powerhouse:
I used to play acoustic drums wayyyyyy back in the '80s and I had the absolute worst, no name pedal you could find. It broke just about every other day and I swore that if I ever had another kit, I would own the best pedal I could find.
Fast forward to around 2014 and I bought a  DM6 which I quickly upgraded with a DM10 module and extra, dual zone pads and extra cymbals.
I then added a set of Pearl demon drives with quick torque cams on 2 of the bass pads and, since I have a several multi pads included in my set up, I added 2 Trick BigFoot pedals and a Tama speed cobra to round out 5 bass pads.
I have several other pedals that I switch in and out depending on my mood....2 Dualists, an Iron cobra Junior double bass set, 2 speed cobras, 2 Pearl power shifters that I got used but like new with a brand new Gibraltar drum throne for $20.00 at a yard sale, and a Cannon twin effect pedal.
The Demon drives are my current favorite pedals and they are on the DM10 running through Superior Drummer 3 and one of the Tricks are on my Yamaha Multi12 pad.
I can get quicker doubles and triplets on the Demon Drives then I can on the Tricks but that could be because of the Quick Torque cams on them .
I've also tried the after market spring kits on the Tricks but the Demons are still quicker...for me anyway.
Hope you enjoy the new pedals they are amazing and built like tanks. I wish I had gotten the Black Widows but that purple is cool too!

powerhouse

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version