Author Topic: Hello  (Read 868 times)

Hello
« on: April 29, 2020, 01:52:47 PM »
Hello all.  I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the DM10 MKII kit.  I've been drumming on and off for nearly 30 yrs and this will be my 2nd electronic kit that I've bought.  Several years ago I owned a Yamaha DTXpress IV Special and it sounded good, but just didn't feel right with the rubber pads, also I felt like I was beating the hell out of them. So I went back to an acoustic kit and haven't looked back until now, due to pretty substantial hearing loss in my left ear.  Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this forum and am looking forward to getting this new kit unless some of you talk me out of it and going with the Strike Pro instead.  Thanks,
                                          Larry (New Castle, Delaware)

Offline Iggford

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 09:25:50 AM »
Welcome!! :) 

While I can't speak on the DM10 MKII, I did have an older model DM10 Studio kit.  Actually, I still have it, I use it for practice with my band to keep from transporting a kit every week.  It is still a very solid kit, 4 years on. 

I bought a Strike Pro in 2018, and I can't say enough how much I love the kit.  It's my show kit, and I transport the module between it and the practice kit.  There have been reported issues with it, namely an unreliable hi-hat and trigger plate problems.  I use a Gen16 A/E hi-hat, and others have found great solutions, some even able to dial in the stock setup to their liking.  I was lucky to have not had a plate crack until last October, but Alesis customer service was great to deal with, and they sent me a replacement very quickly.  I have heard that a lot of the durability issues were fixed with the SE version that came out a few months ago.  I also haven't heard as many accounts of the hi-hat being troublesome, but again, that could be down to preference.

If you have the money to go the Strike route, based on my experience, I really don't think you would have any regrets at all.  And that's not to say you would with the DM10 MKII.  I don't have any experience with that one, but the older version was rock solid as well!

--
Shawn