Author Topic: MIDI Map Presets - Addictive Drums 1/2 & Superior Drummer 2/3 (DM10 Studio Kit)  (Read 99764 times)

also if Note Chase is active it doesn't show the Note Number for the choke .. i found a MIDI Note Number for Alesis DM10 on internet and it says Crash Choke is  number 34 .. as i told you if i try to map on SD i put Crash sound on Note N° 49  and crash plays opened , then i put Crash Choke Sound on Note number 34 and plays choke when i choke the cymbal ..but play Opened Crash when i hit the crash and also choke when i stop it ( two sounds) . i tried to setup the crash on note n° 49 then activate "edit articulation only" ms0.1 and Note ON  ..but or play only the choke (also whe i don't stop the cymbal) or two sounds of opened crashes.. what's wrong?

Offline Met

Check your inbox and PM me some screenshots of your SD setup.

Check your inbox and PM me some screenshots of your SD setup.
i did upload the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vSkyd2c7gw&feature=youtu.be

Offline Met

Update your SD software to the latest version and try again.

i don't have the update

Offline Met

i don't have the update
You should update when you have the chance.

Also don't change the "Key" value, Just it leave at default and click "Learn" and assign it.

"Key"? do you mean setup the choke at the same Note Number (49) instead of (34)

Offline Met

In the current version of SD, The "Key" shows as (C#4) and (F#2) instead of numbers like (49) or (34) even if you enter those numbers you should get something like (C#2) and (A#0).

So update your software.

ok i'm already looking for the update, thank you very much so far :D

Offline Th3R00st3r

Thanks for the mappings. I have to work on the choke as well as assigning the rims (Tom 3 wasn't a bell and I need to figure something for tom4 rim). Thanks for the help.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline Trondster

To monitor MIDI messages - install MIDIOX - tells you everything the module sends. :)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

In the current version of SD, The "Key" shows as (C#4) and (F#2) instead of numbers like (49) or (34) even if you enter those numbers you should get something like (C#2) and (A#0).

So update your software.

SD Updated to 2.3.2. i see there is a new button "Mapping"  , i tried to do exactly the same as i did in the video ..nothing changed . what 's wrong?

Offline Met

Don't change anything in the "Key" just learn the note.

Re-upload a new video of your SD setup.

Configure the crash hit and choke notes in the module, You'll need to look at the manual of your alesis kit if you don't know how.
could you explain me how to do it please?

Don't change anything in the "Key" just learn the note.

Re-upload a new video of your SD setup.

here the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REuNkzli93M&feature=youtu.be

Offline Met

Use SD in Toontrack Solo and see if the problem is still there.

Edit: Try changing Mute (39) to (54) and also uncheck "Record-start at MIDI" if you not using it.

Start SD and don't load or change anything within SD, Just "Learn" the crash hit and choke only and also try on other packs not just the ROCK SOLID Pack.

Don't load any of your old projects or anything at all just start from scratch, If it still doesn't work, Uninstall everything related with SD including packs and re-install, If again it doesn't work, There's nothing much I can do. you'll have to find someone else with the exact issue and using the same software you're using as I'm not able to replicate the problem you're having.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:47:45 AM by Meteoracp »

i never used Toontrack Solo before ..i can't even hear any sound when i hit the drumkit .. i know i'm asking too much ... a video tutorial would be very appreciated . i dont' think it's a problem with my superior drummer .. i'm just doing something wrong but i don't know what!

Offline Met

Check the toontrack website for tutorials.

Offline Th3R00st3r

I was unable to hear anything either. Loaded the aiso4all and could see the meters lighting up, but no sound....until... I looked at the audio options in a Reaper (what I'm using) and saw the output was set to headphones.. Duh me. Popped some headphones on and viola!
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline Bones

I was unable to hear anything either. Loaded the aiso4all and could see the meters lighting up, but no sound....until... I looked at the audio options in a Reaper (what I'm using) and saw the output was set to headphones.. Duh me. Popped some headphones on and viola!

LOL, thanks... I needed that after a day I've been having.   ;D
A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless to resist.

yep but i'm using Toontrack Solo (standalone) so there is no DAW to setup

Configure the crash hit and choke notes in the module, You'll need to look at the manual of your alesis kit if you don't know how.
i didn't find anything about that in the manual .. maybe it's only this the problem.. could you explain what di i have to do in the module?  can you confirm that the Choke Crash Note Number is 34?

Offline Met

Ask someone else with a Alesis DM10X to explain to you or even better, Ask Alesis.

I've not used the DM10 Studio Kit for a long time so I couldn't remember much of the module functions.

Offline vaikl

i didn't find anything about that in the manual

See page 31 in the manual if you own a DM10/8 module. But i strongly suggest to read and work through the *whole* manual just to understand how different functions and options are linked together.

thanks guys i'm done .. it doesn't work with my drumkit .. i'm gonna record without choke then i'm gonna change the note of the opened cybal with the choke.. so disappointed.
 i read somewhere  Toontrack has to convert expansions to Alesis DM10 is that true ?