Author Topic: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"  (Read 183516 times)

Offline forofen

Re: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"
« Reply #1375 on: May 17, 2017, 05:22:42 PM »
Boys! I received my kit. I am happy!

Online ChrisK

« Reply #1377 on: May 18, 2017, 02:56:48 PM »

Good kits for the price, no doubt.

Ps: check the module if all works fine

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #1378 on: May 18, 2017, 03:54:22 PM »
For those that actually have a Strike kit I would like to point you to a new section of the forum:

Strike Module Custom Kits

I decide to learn the module by programing a custom kit using the internal sounds. I also used a programing technique that I used on the DM10 called velocity switching. The snare and toms are now pseudo three zone triggers.

Let me know what you guys think.

Offline forofen

« Reply #1379 on: May 20, 2017, 03:02:49 PM »
I do not know if they have said it before, but the one who buys the pro kit, al armalo, has the option of using the short spars and storing the long ones. In this way, the surface that the armed kit occupies is considerably smaller.

Offline forofen

« Reply #1380 on: May 21, 2017, 11:20:11 PM »
Sorry for my language. I am referring to the options of assembly in terms of the options of surface that covers the assembly of hardaware.

Offline forofen

« Reply #1381 on: May 22, 2017, 07:09:30 AM »

« Reply #1382 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47:21 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. Has anyone seen a module (a replacement - refurbished) Strike module that states "SD CARD ERROR" ? My fist module was sent in for the low volume issue and this one has a SD card error right out of the box. I updated the module with the firmware update and still had the issue. What gives with this module?

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #1383 on: May 23, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. Has anyone seen a module (a replacement - refurbished) Strike module that states "SD CARD ERROR" ? My fist module was sent in for the low volume issue and this one has a SD card error right out of the box. I updated the module with the firmware update and still had the issue. What gives with this module?

I know you are new here, but please do not ask the same questions in different areas of the forum. You already have a response where you originally posted this question. I've already suggested what you should do next.

http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=7111.msg48984#msg48984

Offline forofen

« Reply #1384 on: May 24, 2017, 11:08:28 PM »

Good kits for the price, no doubt.

Ps: check the module if all works fine

If it serves as an experience, I tell you that I have tried the module and so far I have not had any problem. I've tested volumes, memory card, power up and upgrade and it's all perfect!

The response of the hihat and the activation of the rest of the drums, is a before and after after updating the firmware.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #1385 on: May 28, 2017, 05:27:49 PM »

I know you are new here, but please do not ask the same questions in different areas of the forum. You already have a response where you originally posted this question. I've already suggested what you should do next.

Helfire, what ever happens to your headphone volume, its solved? Did they send another one?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:16:21 PM by ChrisK »

Offline forofen

« Reply #1386 on: May 28, 2017, 06:21:15 PM »
If it serves as an experience, I did not get a card error. But the one who has had it, should try with a sd card formatting, since it may be a defective card. With respect to the volume of headphones, perhaps they can be the headphones. In my case I use a Shure Srh240a and they listen with a very high volume.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 10:03:02 PM by forofen »

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #1387 on: May 28, 2017, 10:54:36 PM »

Helfire, what ever happens to your headphone volume, its solved? Did they send another one?

That was the whole reason Alesis sent me a new module. Yes, I got the new module and yes that fixed the headphone issue. That is why I keep telling people that if you headphones are really quiet you need to contact Alesis. This isn't right and isn't something that can be fixed with a firmware update. It is a physical problem with the mother board.

I find it crazy that people that have this issue think a firmware update is going to solve it. Wake up people, your module is broke! Call Alesis and get it replaced ASAP.

Offline forofen

« Reply #1388 on: May 29, 2017, 07:28:53 AM »
Hellfire is clear that if someone suffers a hardware malfunction will not be solved with updating the software, but it is also possible that the new firmware has changed power parameters. If I am wrong, please correct me. Thank you.

Offline forofen

« Reply #1389 on: May 30, 2017, 07:44:20 PM »
Setting parameters 90 70 in hihat, the gameplay is amazing. I have not played vh13 but if I can state that it is vastly superior to a vh11.

Offline rhysT

« Reply #1390 on: May 30, 2017, 08:26:50 PM »
Setting parameters 90 70 in hihat, the gameplay is amazing. I have not played vh13 but if I can state that it is vastly superior to a vh11.

I tried the Strike kit at a recent drum show and would like to create some custom user kits with my preferred settings.

When hitting the hi hat cymbal around the outer edge, it seemed to produce more of a 'sizzle' sound near the Alesis label. So I'd be interested to get other opinions if that helps produce a more realistic transition between open and closed hi hat positions.
Btw, this related topic may be useful: http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/strike-pro-hi-hat-behaving-erratically

Also has anyone tried blending some preset snare or other sounds with the A/B layers and saving them in a user kit. It should be possible without using the proposed instrument/kit editor.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:53:11 PM by rhysT »

Offline forofen

« Reply #1391 on: May 30, 2017, 10:15:00 PM »
I have not had time to try the layers too much or create custom kits. I have just adjusted the parameters I mentioned as well as the equalization curve and turned the hihat until the word alesis points towards me. With these settings and firmware update the hihat response and the range of sounds in the open closed transition, it is simply spectacular.

« Reply #1392 on: May 31, 2017, 08:40:01 AM »
forofen, since you have the chance to be the owner of the Strike, could you give me an idea of how loud are the new cymbal pads. Do you think they are an improvment from the one on the DM10. I want to upgrade but I don't have any store around here in Quebec city that has a demo unit available. I will surely buy one online but want to have an idea on the noise level of those pads when struck.

My main concern was with the ride, as the DM10 one was so loud !
Thanks !

Offline forofen

« Reply #1393 on: May 31, 2017, 02:06:19 PM »
I'll try to help you. I have not played the dm10 kit. I have only played roland td25kv roland td9kx2 and medeli dd518dx. Remembering all these kits and trying to compare with the strike pro kit, the strike pro saucers have more rubber and actually smell like rubber to this day. Its construction denotes drilling inwards ie simil to a hammered plate by hand, so that its noise level to have enough more rubber of high quality and its channels inwards, is quite lower than the aforementioned kits. The finish is opaque, not shiny as in the td30 / td50 kits.

Offline forofen

« Reply #1394 on: June 02, 2017, 07:57:10 AM »
Another thing I noticed is that the punches of the chopsticks are not so marked.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #1395 on: June 07, 2017, 11:09:50 PM »
Reposting the editor

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #1396 on: June 08, 2017, 09:06:02 AM »
Anyone want to guess when Alesis decides to release that editor?

I've noticed many haven't really tried to make a truly custom kit on the Strike yet. Other than copying an existing stock kit and just tweaking it a bit. That lag in switching kits is also part of switching instruments. You have about a five second lag when previewing instruments which is kind of a pain when you are trying to do an A/B comparison. By this time next year people will be complaining about the lag and the fact that the module doesn't start on the last kit played. Without that editor, creating custom kits is a long and tedious task.

And to be honest I want to know when the editor is being released. It is the cornerstone behind the Strike kit and without it we don't have a complete product.

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #1397 on: June 08, 2017, 09:53:04 AM »
Did I also read that the click still comes out the mains with no way to send it to the headset only?
JimmyB

Online ChrisK

« Reply #1398 on: June 08, 2017, 10:50:27 AM »
Editor should be released in a month, I asked with the Strike Kit Clinic 2 day a go, but we will see if this is the case or later.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:06:18 AM by ChrisK »

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #1399 on: June 08, 2017, 11:31:49 AM »
Editor should be released in a month, I asked with the Strike Kit Clinic 2 day a go, but we will see if this is the case or later.

I hope Alesis is right about this. So, looking a July… Got my fingers crossed.