Author Topic: Record sound from dm10 kit and playback with a video of me  (Read 2221 times)

Record sound from dm10 kit and playback with a video of me
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:44:43 AM »
Hi guys, im sure if i knew what threads to read, this question would probably be redundant but seeing as i dont, ill just ask and see what advice you can give me or what threads i can read to answer my question  :)

I want to potentially shares videos of myself on youtube playing along to tracks on my dm10 so i can get feedback from other users. I have absolutely no knowledge in software or programs to use first of all, so if you could reply in laymans terms that would be great!

Firstly i want to be able to record the audio and play it back. How do you recommend i go about doing this? What ports and equipment do i require?

This question may not be entirely suited you guys but ill ask incase someone knows the answer. What video editing suites would be good for syncing the video and audio together?

Cheers guys!

Offline vaikl

Re: Record sound from dm10 kit and playback with a video of me
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:13:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Alex!

We have lots of threads about audio recording of the DM's sounds to a comp. You'll need a good audio device (the build-in soundcard could work sometimes but this depends on your system), an audio-recording software (you might look at the free Audacity) or a DigitalAudioWorkstation software like Cubase/Live/ProTools/Reaper etc. Search for them here.

To combine audio with video most of the actual DAW's can synchronize video material with audio tracks. There are also specialized video apps, but they often lack in the handling with audio.

This are some generic hints. To give more help, it's better to read again in our threads and then come back with your system specs.

Offline Met

Re: Record sound from dm10 kit and playback with a video of me
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 03:01:56 PM »
@AlexT92,

If you have got everything ready, which was advice by vaikl, then the 2 things that needs to be recorded are,

1. An audio file that consists of your song of choice and your drumming (Be it the Module sounds or DAW Software VSTi such as BFD, Toontrack or Addictive drums)

2. Simply a video of yourself drumming to the audio recording.

Now the interesting part, Video Editing.
Most DAW Softwares have video input capabilities but no all.
for synchronizing videos with audios, if you have a low budget, Windows Movie Maker Really helps for windows 7 users but you should try it out with older versions if you're still using XP or Vista or similar programs on mac computers for Apple users.

If you have cash to spare, you can choose from various video editing software brands like Sony Vegas, Corel, Cyberlink, Adobe and much more but it all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

Hope these information helps