Equipment > Triggers and Hardware

DM7 Rimshot makes same sound as snare

(1/4) > >>

Minety15:
Hi, hoping you can help. I think I must be making a simple mistake.

I have a DM7 set and I am trying to configure the snare rim zone but it doesn't seem to work, no matter what I set, it sounds exactly the same as the snare. Also, I believe "Sn-Sid 1"  is the rim config, if I try to configure this option, it just makes the entire Snare pad make that sound.

I've swapped the snare and crash leads and confirm that the edge of the crash makes a rim shot sound and the plate makes a snare sound, which suggests to me it's not a lead problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thank you

Andy

Chaser:

--- Quote from: Minety15 on June 13, 2022, 06:40:38 AM ---Hi, hoping you can help. I think I must be making a simple mistake.

I have a DM7 set and I am trying to configure the snare rim zone but it doesn't seem to work, no matter what I set, it sounds exactly the same as the snare. Also, I believe "Sn-Sid 1"  is the rim config, if I try to configure this option, it just makes the entire Snare pad make that sound.

I've swapped the snare and crash leads and confirm that the edge of the crash makes a rim shot sound and the plate makes a snare sound, which suggests to me it's not a lead problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thank you

Andy

--- End quote ---

The DM7 kits weren't around long.

I don't know which DM7 you have..there were multiple trigger configurations and different modules.
The DM7 USB had single zone toms..dual zone snare and a different module than the "X" Kits
The DM7X had dual zone toms and snare.
The DM7X Session had single zone toms and dual zone snare

All had different trigger configurations..pads/cymbals were different models  from kit to kit ("leftovers" from previously released kits..DM6 etc)
The module for the "X" kits (Medeli DD512/514/516) became the module for the Nitro and the Surge.
You can still see in one pic where it shows Nitro on the front and DM7 on the back.

If it works on a dual zone cymbal I would first check and make sure you don't have a single zone tom being used as the snare..
You could swap toms around if you have a dual zone kit and see if a zone has gone bad.
"Sn-Sid 1"..would be a side stick..

EDIT:
Added Links

Minety15:
Thank you for the comprehensive reply Chaser.

Judging by your links I've got the DM7 USB. The snare is black and white as pictured in your first link. According to the specs it has triple zone snare. I also think I might be confusing rimshots with a cross stick strike.

With regards to your "Sn-Sid 1" comment, could you explain what is a side stick please?

Thank you
Andy

Chaser:

--- Quote from: Minety15 on June 13, 2022, 12:22:24 PM ---Thank you for the comprehensive reply Chaser.

Judging by your links I've got the DM7 USB. The snare is black and white as pictured in your first link. According to the specs it has triple zone snare. I also think I might be confusing rimshots with a cross stick strike.

With regards to your "Sn-Sid 1" comment, could you explain what is a side stick please?

Thank you
Andy

--- End quote ---

Not many of the DM7 USB kits around.

Cross Stick/Side stick same thing...it depends on who you are talking to.
Roland refers to as Cross Stick..Yamaha as Side stick etc and the interpretation of how you lay/position the stick down varies and also depends on who you talk to.

I don't have any references for that module.It may or may not be Medeli.I don't show anything with triple zone snare in the Medeli Lineup and Alesis (as far as I know) hasn't released any other than this one...the STRIKE snare isn't a triple zone but the Cross stick/Side stick can be done with Velocity switching.

In electronic drum modules the voltage interpreted by the hit produces a MIDI note.The Head..(38)..the rim(40).
Typically the cross/side stick is when the 2 zones are hit simultaneously , as the module reads the combined voltage and produces an additional/different MIDI note and that triggers the sample.

EDIT:
LA Drums HD-008 is the same kit..there were (2 versions A or B)..
This kit was also the (Discontinued) Millenium MPS-500 USB.
This means more than likely it was a Medeli Kit..when Medeli discontinues/removes modules from it's lineup that includes all of the Licensing/"Private Labels".
Largo Australia - (AU)
Thomannmusic/Millenium-  (EU) (Millenium is a Thomannmusic "In House" Brand)
Alesis -  (US)

The rim is split..left and right side..each side triggers a different sample..so the module does not read interpret the voltage of a combined hit.(Head/Rim)

Snare - 38
Snare Rim 1 - 37
Snare Rim 2 - 85

There isn't any documentation on the Alesis site..

Attached:
Millenium MPS-500 USB User Manual

Minety15:
This is amazing Chaser. I cant believe the lengths you have gone to to help out here.  Unfortunately I'm 20 miles away from the kit until Friday, but will test some settings at the weekend.

The module has no external manufacturer, model or serial that I could see. But it looks identical to the MPS-500 USB info that you have sent.

The only documents I was able to get were the user manual. https://www.manualslib.com/products/Alesis-Dm7-2762169.html

Thanks again, I now need to work out what "Velocity switching" is !!

Cheers

Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version