Equipment > Triggers and Hardware

DM5 No power / Module swap?

<< < (3/3)

Chaser:

--- Quote from: boss1138 on June 14, 2022, 05:48:36 PM ---Perfect, thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. Any chance you know where the Alesis Forge falls in the useable vs. not useable lineup?

--- End quote ---

The Forge ..along with the Command/Crimson/II/DM10 MKII Studio..is based on the Medeli DD650.
These modules all use the same DB25 trigger harness but different firmware...and you can't change or upgrade the firmware.
The best of the DD650 modules is the Original Crimson..Dual zone/Triple zone Ride,supports a Dual Zone Hi Hat and has the best MIDI mapping.
The Crimson II has the same Features as the Crimson except it does not support a Dual zone Hi Hat..and the MIDI mapping for the Hi Hat is tied to one note..I posted a work-around for it,but I don't know of anyone that has tried it as there have been no replies.The cymbal bows/edges are also tied to one note.There is also a Pro-X setting in the menu but the Pro-X was discontinued years ago.
The DM10 MKII Studio is identical to the Crimson II..just different display color and no setting/support for the Pro-X Hi Hat

The Command is dual zone..except the Ride which is single zone..along with Hi Hat.

The Forge is All single zone,except maybe the snare the only place for info is here now...and it's the one to skip out of the DD650 models.

The Crimson/II..Forge..DM10 MKII Studio were all pulled from the Alesis site and all info was removed from Legacy except for the
 Crimson II.
The Crimson II SE is a Guitar Center issue..you won't find any info on it anywhere except in posts here,Guitar Center and some overseas distributors.

ALL of the original STRIKE KITS..STRIKE and STRIKE PRO KIT have also been Discontinued and are now in Legacy..

The STRIKE PRO SE is the only remaining kit..but I wouldn't count on any more updates for the Module/Editor as the last were 3 years ago when the SE was released.(2019).
The DM10 MKII Pro is past due and the STRIKE Multipad (2018) is coming up on 5 years and hasn't been updated in years...
The pretty much sums up Alesis current status..

The STRIKE Series,along with the models posted above reached End of Life...which these days for Electronic drums is about 5 years.
The STRIKE Series didn't receive much support for a number of those years..maybe 2-3 years max and the 1st year or 2 there were numerous hardware problems.
One recent exception to note would be Roland chose to do an update/Upgrade to the Flagship TD50 in order to extend it's life..(TD50X)

EDIT:
Added Links

boss1138:
I went ahead and got a Forge kit at a great price, and put all my DM5 heads on the Forge frame with the Forge module. It all works perfectly, although as you noted, it is single-zone.
Thanks for the help, I've been practicing some and can't wait to keep learning!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version