Equipment > Triggers and Hardware

STRIKE MODULE Triggering using External Module/TMI/Controller

<< < (2/2)

Chaser:
I had an eDRUMin 10 but loaned it out during the Pandemic/Lockdown and eventually had him purchase it thinking I would just order one to replace it...mistake on my part as because of the chip shortage etc..Aug 2023 is the next due date.I may get an eDRUMin 4 since some are due in Oct 2022.
At the time I was working on using an Optical Hi Hat I developed..Using the Hall effect sensor setup to power it (Expression Pedal setting/ receive 3.3 volt)...but I never got to finish.
The VH11 is optical..the STRIKE Controller is FSR so you would use the VH12 settings...the VH12 range is very short compared to the STRIKE.

Since this topic has interest after 4 years.I will update the MIDI Map.

MIDI Output and MIDI input notes are the same note with the exception the Input Channel is Global and can be changed under Utility.. MIDI Output Channels are assigned/changed Individually.
I haven't checked to see if the STRIKE module interprets incoming MIDI notes for Cymbal Choke.
Alesis would never release/send a MIDI Implementation Chart so I don't know if after touch is recognized either.

STRIKE MIDI MAP Default Input Notes (Numerical Order)
Receive:MIDI Channel Global CH 1-16

STRIKE MIDI MAP default Output Notes (Numerical Order)
Transmit:Default MIDI Channel 01..Individually assignable (1-16) under VOICES 

The 2nd Kick can be assigned whichever MIDI Note you want..I recommend 35 as it is the GM Standard for Acoustic..37 is sidestick.

*Alesis STRIKE DOUBLE BASS/DUAL KICK Activation/ Physical Setup

**MIDI notes can be turned off for the Hi Hat(send CC#4 only)..Hi Hat Splash and Cymbal Choke.

EDIT:
Added Updated MIDI CHART

thebigz:
thanks.

i hurried and gave a quick test and it seems to work with these settings, which is weird because i didnt change anything in the module or edrumin.  unfortunately i only had about 10 minutes and i wont be near my kit for another month to do more tests.

hopefully my module was just tired and needed a nap.

also, i didnt know we could change kits with midi.  ill need to get that set up with a footswitch!

Chaser:

--- Quote from: thebigz on August 07, 2022, 02:32:13 AM ---thanks.

i hurried and gave a quick test and it seems to work with these settings, which is weird because i didnt change anything in the module or edrumin.  unfortunately i only had about 10 minutes and i wont be near my kit for another month to do more tests.

hopefully my module was just tired and needed a nap.
--- End quote ---

If you are away from the module/kit for an extended period of time..make sure it is unplugged as there is a chance of the main board failure..

--- Quote from: thebigz on August 07, 2022, 02:32:13 AM ---also, i didnt know we could change kits with midi.  ill need to get that set up with a footswitch!

--- End quote ---

The STRIKE module also accepts Patch Changes....you can change/select a kit..
I ran across it during compiling a standalone Multiplatform MIDI player that sends MIDI directly to hardware and as you change songs..it changes kits..
I can also do Patch Change with the Program Change feature with a Trigger I/O.

EDIT:
Attached MIDIOX image..3 kit changes during verse/MIDI playback through module...

thebigz:
I wasn't aware of the main board failure.  Thankfully I always turn off the surge protector when I turn off the kit.

thebigz:
Just an update here.

I was having major issues with the midi triggering (only playing roughly 1 midi message per second).  I did a factory reset on the Strike and the edrumin and everything works perfectly now.

My hardware is
2x 10" strike tom
2x 12" strike ton
1x 14"strike snare
2x Lemon 15" crash/ride cymbals used as crashes
1x Lemon 18" ride
1x strike 16" ride used as crash 3
1x Lemon 12" 2 piece hihat
1x Roland cy8 used as second hihat (I trigger the same midi notes as the first hihat, this was I can have one on the right side of the kit and another on the left)

The strike module was triggering all of this perfectly, but didn't like my drop clutch, so I trigger the hihats with the edrumin.  I also trigger the snare for snare head/xstrick/rimshot (I use bass drum 2 for the timshot sound), and the cy8 with the edrumin.

I've never been happier with the kit.  Thanks so much for all of the info here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version