Author Topic: DM5 questions  (Read 3816 times)

DM5 questions
« on: January 13, 2010, 10:22:09 PM »
Hello all,

New here...   Just bought the Alesis Dm5 Pro Kit. Haven't set it up yet (that's going to happen soon) but I have a  question that I hope can be answered in relatively short order.

I inspected the contents of the package I received from Amazon today. i think I got a good deal on a new set (non-splurge cymbals). The kit I received has the normal 1 zone cymbal pads but has the black headed drums. Is this a normal configuration?  I have only seen the white heads with this set.

Thanks,
Tom 

PS -- Just as background, I am a multi-instrumentalist. I am putting together a small songwriter's studio and found that this should fit the percussion bill nicely.  I will stop back frequently hoping to learn more about the kit.   

Re: DM5 questions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 12:12:17 AM »
I'm pretty sure there is only one 8 inch pad type from Alesis. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the colour of the heads - you'll probably take a look at Hellfire's video and want to convert to mesh anyway. ;)

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:52:12 AM »
I'm pretty sure there is only one 8 inch pad type from Alesis. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the colour of the heads - you'll probably take a look at Hellfire's video and want to convert to mesh anyway. ;)

Already saw.. and already planning!   haha

Not worrying about it...   just though it was odd. All documentation showed one thing.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 09:34:21 AM »
Hello all,

New here...   Just bought the Alesis Dm5 Pro Kit. Haven't set it up yet (that's going to happen soon) but I have a  question that I hope can be answered in relatively short order.

I inspected the contents of the package I received from Amazon today. i think I got a good deal on a new set (non-splurge cymbals). The kit I received has the normal 1 zone cymbal pads but has the black headed drums. Is this a normal configuration?  I have only seen the white heads with this set.

Thanks,
Tom 

PS -- Just as background, I am a multi-instrumentalist. I am putting together a small songwriter's studio and found that this should fit the percussion bill nicely.  I will stop back frequently hoping to learn more about the kit.   
Welcome to the forum FUBTAG!
Alesis has gone back and forth between the white and black heads. It's really not a big deal. If you go to their website, you will see the USB and DM5 Pro kits with black heads. The one extra pad I bought came with a white head. You guys saw it in the video. ;)

Offline Guinness

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 02:50:48 PM »
Ya, the set i had came with Black heads.  Same material as the white ones.  I was expecting white, but got black.  No biggy.

Remember to use the Dual zone pad for the snare  (small sticker on the back)  (or use it where ever you want....  just note, one 8" head is a dual zone.

Have fun!

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »
Thanks for the responses ..   much appreciated.

I did receive them and all looks to be in fine order (will be setting them up in a few weeks in the studio.. when we move in)

I am wondering though...  What can be sucessfully added to the set? Can I add another tom pad or cymbal?    THANKS!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 04:48:44 PM »
let's see if I get this right:

There's 12 input triggers.
The prokit has 3 toms, 1 snare (dual), 3 cymbals, 1 kick, 1 hi-hat pedal.
So, that's 10 triggers.  You can add two more triggers (pad or cymbal).