Author Topic: Custom Sound Sets, Alesis v.s. Pearl, Who will be first!  (Read 17043 times)

Offline b-radisrad

Re: Custom Sound Sets, Alesis v.s. Pearl, Who will be first!
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 04:08:50 PM »
Or maybe...

HAHAHA, WE MADE YOU KEEP CHECKING THIS PAGE IN HOPES THAT WE WOULD RELEASE SOMETHING ON TIME, HAHAHA, THE JOKES ON YOU, HAHAHA!!!1!1rolfcopter[/tt]
I WANNA ROCK...however, not like Twisted Sister.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 05:24:04 PM »

You guys crack me up.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2010, 05:31:04 PM »
I think it is pretty obvious by now that the idea of extra sound sets have become a back burner project for these modules. >:(

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2010, 02:07:39 PM »
New update! Pearl states they will be up and running on Monday. Here is the statements:

Quote from: Bob Sabellico;Product Manager - Pearl Electronic Percussion Division
Wow !!

We were sure the redsoundshop.com site would be open yesterday but we just couldn't get the final touches done by the end of the day. I guess we should have known not to do this on Friday the 13th. Anyway, we will open the site on Monday  8/16.

Quote from: AL PERCIVAL;Pearl - Inside Sales/Marketing
Excellent! - we had lots of calls Friday regarding it.

I will be watching Monday. I hope Pearl gets it figured out. It does look as if Pearl is going to beat Alesis to the punch with these sound sets (Unless Alesis plans on a Monday release as well). Good luck to Pearl. The site does look pretty good and will look even better once the "Coming Soon" is gone.

You know, it would be nice if Alesis at least had a coming soon page like Pearl. At least we would know that Alesis is heading in the right direction.

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2010, 05:36:35 PM »
You know, it would be nice if Alesis at least had a coming soon page like Pearl. At least we would know that Alesis is heading in the right direction.

Absolutely! It would also be nice if they at least had some kind of timeline instead of it's ready when it's ready. Also did I read somewhere that we can NOT use the kits from the Redbox site, when they are available? I thought I did but I can't seem to find it now. Now THAT would be nice if we could. Then we wouldn't have to worry about Alesis being satisfied with their kits and releasing them, some day.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »

Absolutely! It would also be nice if they at least had some kind of timeline instead of it's ready when it's ready. Also did I read somewhere that we can NOT use the kits from the Redbox site, when they are available? I thought I did but I can't seem to find it now. Now THAT would be nice if we could. Then we wouldn't have to worry about Alesis being satisfied with their kits and releasing them, some day.
You are correct. I pointed out somewhere (I don't remember where) that Pearl requires the serial number of the REDbox in order to buy and download kits from their site. Go to this address:

http://www.e-prolive.com/#/faqs

Go down to the section "Downloads" and click on "How do I acquire my free kits from REDBOXsoundshop.com?" and it will show you why you must have a REDbox module to use their kits. I hope that helps.

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2010, 06:49:19 PM »
You are correct. I pointed out somewhere (I don't remember where) that Pearl requires the serial number of the REDbox in order to buy and download kits from their site. Go to this address:

http://www.e-prolive.com/#/faqs

Go down to the section "Downloads" and click on "How do I acquire my free kits from REDBOXsoundshop.com?" and it will show you why you must have a REDbox module to use their kits. I hope that helps.

Thanks Hellfire! I knew I saw it somewhere. Kinda stinks for us though. I wonder if Alesis will take the same route as far a needing a serial and unlock key when/if they ever release their kits.

Offline Rev2010

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2010, 09:08:42 PM »
Wouldn't matter much. All it takes is one drummer who's also a savy hacker to figure out how to get the Pearl kits to load. Heck, I might even be able to figure it out, though as a hacker I'm mediocre. Been a long time since I was heavily into it  :)  I'm sure it wouldn't be hard though especially being the module is technically the same hardware-wise.

Rev.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2010, 06:55:03 AM »
So........Will today be the day? I hope so but it looks as if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing base on this comment (from PDF):

Quote from: Derek Wolfford;Pearl Marketing Department
I'll say again... :)

Because you guys are the most interested, the PDF will be the first place we announce the opening of the site!

More soon...

Interesting. Derek's statement acts as if Bob Sabellico never made a comment of it being up on Friday or today (Monday 8/16/10). ::)

Offline Guinness

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2010, 11:19:42 AM »
8/16/10 8:18am pst.   Still: Comming Soon  :-[
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:21:22 AM by Guinness »

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:22 PM »
Congrats to Pearl as they were the first to get up and running with their sound sets. You will notice that this thread is no longer a sticky. That is because the RED box sound shop is now up and running. Have a look:

http://www.redboxsoundshop.com/

I have to say they are way more expensive than I thought they would be. most $49.99 for the really good sounding kits and 29.99 for one other? I think I now know why Alesis hasn't released any sound sets yet. The third parties are wanting too much of a cut for their kits. I would assume the third parties would rather have people buy their VSTs so they priced these high to drive people to their VST PC products. Just a guess of course. It also looks as if they only have four kits to buy right now. Well, it's a start and only time will tell if it works well for them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:54:34 PM by Hellfire »

Offline Pier

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »
Aaaargh !!!  >:(

I voted "Pearl First" with the sincere hope of being wrong.
I wasn't.

Bummer...

Offline Guinness

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2010, 03:20:40 PM »
Congrats to Pearl as they were the first to get up and running with their sound sets. You will notice that this thread is no longer a sticky. That is because the RED box sound shop is now up and running. Have a look:

http://www.redboxsoundshop.com/

I have to say they are way more expensive than I thought they would be. most $49.99 for the really good sounding kits and 29.99 for one other? I think I now know why Alesis hasn't released any sound sets yet. The third parties are wanting too much of a cut for their kits. I would assume the third parties would rather have people buy their VSTs so they priced these high to drive people to their VST PC products. Just a guess of course. It also looks as if they only have four kits to buy right now. Well, it's a start and only time will tell if it works well for them.

I'll look here in a minute...  think they'll work with Alesis modules also?  Or is that not going to happen?

I'm glad *something* is out.  :)

Offline Guinness

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
According to website, only available for Redbox.   :P

I listened to a few of the kits here at work.   Through some crappy headphones, I wasn't awed.  The metal sounds sorta like Wood Pop (I think that's the right name... kit 006, I think).

I wasn't blown away.  but maybe that's just from the headphones I had.

Hmmmm.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2010, 04:42:09 PM »
Scratch that only 3 kits are now available. Apparently, Pearl decide to take down the "Chili Kit" (which was the $29.99 kit). Honestly, that kit didn't sound as good as the others. Anyway it is still interesting that they took it down.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »
Holy cow!!! $50 for a kit?  Not sure I'd pay that kind of chedda for a load-in kit..
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2010, 05:17:46 PM »
Scratch that only 3 kits are now available. Apparently, Pearl decide to take down the "Chili Kit" (which was the $29.99 kit). Honestly, that kit didn't sound as good as the others. Anyway it is still interesting that they took it down.

UPDATE:
Posted over at PDF:

Quote from: Derek Wolfford;Marketing Department
A quick switch of file directories... it will be back within the hour.

Holy cow!!! $50 for a kit?  Not sure I'd pay that kind of chedda for a load-in kit..

I agree ghostman. Those kits are a little pricey. I'm starting to wonder if the pricing is one of the reasons Alesis hasn't put anything up yet.

On a side note, Alesis could still hit a home run if their sound sets can be priced around $9.99 - $19.99. Maybe even $29.99 for the really good ones. Anything over $29.99 just seem too much, unless you are getting may new kits in a package deal or something like that. Just a thought.

Offline Rev2010

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2010, 05:26:21 PM »
Agreed, $50 is too much for a single load in kit at no more than 128megs. EZ Drummer ran for $50 just recently at Musicians Friend. Unless of course the kits offer multiple pieces (several kicks, snares, etc which I doubt).

So the site is up, but with only 3 kits... whoopidy doo.

Rev.

Offline H3RB

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2010, 08:38:46 PM »
just listened to the metal kit and it sounds pretty damn close to the sound i want but for $50 ill let you off

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2010, 10:28:50 PM »
I have to agree that $50 is incredulous.. I'd bite for $20 (if it would work on my Dm10), but not likely for much more than that.

Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Offline Tsints

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2010, 05:18:33 AM »

Well, all I see is 3 Toontrack kits, all 3 priced at  $49.99. There is no "Chili Kit".  :-\

Offline b-radisrad

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2010, 03:01:01 PM »
I think Pearl just put up something just so they could say they were first to market these kits. $50 is way too much. I certainly hope that Alesis is not thinking about going this route as well. If so, count me out.
I WANNA ROCK...however, not like Twisted Sister.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2010, 11:57:33 AM »

Well, all I see is 3 Toontrack kits, all 3 priced at  $49.99. There is no "Chili Kit".  :-\

Wait! Pearl states they have two new kits up! English Rock and (wait for it, wait for it....) Chili Kit. ::)

What ever...First they say the Chili Kit was down because of "A quick switch of file directories...it will be back within the hour. " (their words not mine) and now it is one of their two new offerings 3 days after the fact.

It's great that they put the Chili Kit back up, but at least be honest about what happened. The kit was gone for 2-3 day and they stated it would be back up in an hour. Which it wasn't..

RedBoxSoundShop.com is LIVE!

Then they act like nothing happened and then they start a new thread:

NEW Kits @ RedBoxSoundShop.com

I'm sorry but something about that just doesn't seem right to me. Maybe it is just me. Who knows.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »
I wonder how many they've sold?

Offline vaikl

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2010, 04:45:50 PM »
Has anyone successfully placed an order online there? I've done it 2 days ago (some drumless soundfiles) and i haven't got any reaction. No account infos, no confirmation mails, no downloads  - just nothing, like they are dead or not born yet. But the paypal transaction was running problem-free...  :'(