Author Topic: SD card full. Can you transfer kits/instruments from one SD card to another?  (Read 488 times)

I seem to have run out of kits on my 8 GB SD card.  It tells me it is almost full, with only 8 kits saved.  Not sure if that is accurate or not.  Anyway, I don’t want to lose them.  So if I purchase a new 32 GB SD card, is there a way to transfer my existing kits/ instruments from my 8 GB SD card to the new one?  As I don’t want to lose the kits I made.

Offline Chaser

I seem to have run out of kits on my 8 GB SD card.  It tells me it is almost full, with only 8 kits saved.  Not sure if that is accurate or not.  Anyway, I don’t want to lose them.  So if I purchase a new 32 GB SD card, is there a way to transfer my existing kits/ instruments from my 8 GB SD card to the new one?  As I don’t want to lose the kits I made.

I presume you are talking about the external SD Card.
The STRIKE module saves .kit files to the User Kit Folder on external SD Card and Recordings (Loops/Samples) created on the module to the Loops Folder on the External SD Card
The STRIKE Editor saves .kit and .sin files if/when you create them.
The .kit files are only a couple hundred kb's each (1 gigabyte is 1,000,000 kilobytes) so the SD Card must be nearly full on samples.

You just copy the files over to a properly formatted (FAT32) SD Card.
You can do this a few different ways..pull the card use a SD Card reader and copy to a folder on a computer , then put a new SD Card in the SD Card reader and copy back , or you can copy over with the STRIKE module connected to the computer,open the external SD Card on the computer , copy over , power off the module,put new SD Card on..power on and copy back.
The larger the SD Card and closer to being filled up with samples,the longer the initial scan at startup..especially when using the editor (as of v1.5) as it rescan's the entire SD Card upon completion of creating a Kit(.kit) or Instrument (.sin)