Author Topic: DM8 Pro Query - XTalk  (Read 541 times)

DM8 Pro Query - XTalk
« on: February 06, 2021, 01:51:15 PM »
Hi All,

Quick query on my DM8 Pro kit.  I get a bit of cross talk between Tom 1 and the Ride.  It's not too bad and only manifests occasionally.  I've tried dialling down the XTalk Snd on the Tom1 and the XTalk Rcv on the Ride.  Even had them both down to zero which makes no difference whatsoever.

Am I missing something ...

Cheers,
Ripface

Offline Chaser

Re: DM8 Pro Query - XTalk
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 10:00:56 AM »
Hi All,

Quick query on my DM8 Pro kit.  I get a bit of cross talk between Tom 1 and the Ride.  It's not too bad and only manifests occasionally.  I've tried dialling down the XTalk Snd on the Tom1 and the XTalk Rcv on the Ride.  Even had them both down to zero which makes no difference whatsoever.

Am I missing something ...

Cheers,
Ripface

Welcome to the Forum..
The 1st thing users typically do when just starting is crank the sensitivity all the way up and turn the threshold all the way down so minimum effort is needed to max out the sensors and you end up with crosstalk ghost notes etc etc

Make sure Sensitivity is the lowest and threshold is highest before adjusting cross talk..If it's only "once and awhile" then you should be able to dial it out without having to resort to dampening the rack etc.
Everyone is different and you need to adjust for your playing style,the rule of thumb is to lower the sensitivity for your hardest hit then raise it.
Threshold should be raised until it gets to the point your strike doesn't fire the voice anymore...then back it off or lower the threshold.

The hardest part for the adjusting is you haven't been playing for long so you wont be consistent on you playing and may need to readjust as you figure out your playing style.

The DMEditor also works for the DM8 as the DM8 is a slimmed down version of the original DM10.
The download link is still active

Hellfire Electronic Drum Systems - DMEditor 1.0

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 01:55:43 PM »
Hi Chaser,

Thanks for that, I'll certainly have a butchers at DME Editor.  Downloading as I type.  That'll make adjusting a tad easier methinks!!

Best wishes,
Ripface

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 02:09:47 PM »
Bumping this from the Lobby, might be a more appropriate place for the question ...

Hi All,

As a guitar player for many years, I've always hankered after getting a set of drums and giving percussion a bash ... so to speak.  Bit the bullet just before Christmas and bought a second hand Alesis DM8 Pro.  All together I'm pretty pleased with the set.  From my limited experience they seem to play well, and I'm enjoying picking up new skills.

One area I'm not so keen on are the Tom sounds on Toms 1-3.  They seem unnatural and very boomy, and I've tested all the built in kits and can't seem to find a sound that I feel comfortable with.  I know I can tweak the sounds, but as a complete e-drum novice it's a bit daunting.  Any hints or tips from the more experienced hands.  I've looked into DAW and VST and it seems like an even bigger can of worms than tweaking the controller.  I'd also prefer not to have to boot up a laptop every time I want to play.

Cheers,
Ripface