Author Topic: Replacement rubber  (Read 4605 times)

Offline Guinness

Replacement rubber
« on: February 12, 2010, 08:03:23 PM »
I don't remember which thread we were talking about replacing the rubber rim...   but here's possible solution:

http://682drums.com/Rim-Silencer-for-each-size-p-16147.html

Alesis

Re: Replacement rubber
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 02:41:14 AM »
Our spare parts department does stock replacement 8" and 10" rim mutes. My personal preference is removing them as the height and feel is more what I'm used to from an acoustic drum.

DR

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 03:20:12 AM »
Dan-

The topic started in another thread somewhere.  The rubber used on the DMpads 8" wear out pretty quick.  I had the DM5 pro kit, and used the dual snare (rim) as my ride.  Needless to say, it wore out perty darn quick.  Using rubber is quieter than not, so replacement (better quality, no offense) is what may be recommended.   Although, WHEN I get my DM10 studio, and the rubber wears out, i'll try it without and see if I like that feel.  At least I won't be using the snare rim as my ride.   ;D

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 08:55:12 AM »
Our spare parts department does stock replacement 8" and 10" rim mutes. My personal preference is removing them as the height and feel is more what I'm used to from an acoustic drum.

DR
I tend to like the feel better without them as well. ;D It just makes it feel more real.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »

DR

Hi Dan,

Where can we as end users get access to what is available to purchase as spares. In the UK I can only seem to find the whole kit to purchase. Two items I would like are the hit-hat post and a spare PSU for the brain.

I would really like another 10" dual zone tom that matches the rest of the kit at some point in the future (when my wife has forgotton how much I've spent already)

Alesis

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »
Each of our offices and distributors has a spare parts department, so call the one in your country – http://alesis.com/content4893.